The Magical, Mystical Broken Doors ...

Creating scripts
Filipa Thespian

The Magical, Mystical Broken Doors ...

Post by Filipa Thespian »

Hello. Not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes ...

CONTROL ITEM (5:00pm PST 10/12/2021) ... I have out a build I've been working on for some time, that the doors/door scripts have performed perfectly on for all this time. Including last night just before I logged (time annotated).

EARLIER TODAY (Between 7:00am PST & 9:30am 10/13/2021) ... I started two new builds using the same door scripts which worked fine last night. NO modifications to the scripts.

JUST NOW (around 9:30am PST 10/13/2021) ... the door scripts no longer work. The door script for the right door is now doing weird things. The left door script seems fine.

I didn't change the scripts in any way. Nor did I even mod the pre-existing build (from last night) in any way. And on BOTH builds, all of a sudden just now, the right doors don't work.
  • On the new build, the right door just does NOTHING.
  • On the pre-existing build, the right door now rotates around two full turns before going becoming embedded in the wall. When the timer's up and the door returns to its original closed position, it rotates again, two full turns until it lands where it began (in the correct position). https://gyazo.com/93c63ab879293d1f7f64abb4a9246157

I do recall when I logged in this morning I was given a message in local chat that maintenance was being performed then (at the time of login).
[06:33] [ Second Life Viewer Download Maintenance ] Oct 12, 10:15 PDTCompleted - The scheduled maintenance has been completed.Oct 12, 09:15 PDTIn progress - Scheduled maintenance is currently in progress. We will provide updates as necessary.Oct 11, 14:06 PDTScheduled - We will be undergoing maintenance to the Second Life Viewers Download page on Tuesday, October 12th at 9:15am PDT. At this time, residents can directly visit https://releasenotes.secondlife.com/vie ... 61752.html for the viewer download. Please follow this blog for further updates. [ https://status.secondlifegrid.net/incid ... hkwp4kf3rb ]
So all I can think is ... what got changed in the scripting and how do I get it fixed lol???

Thanks.
These users thanked the author Filipa Thespian for the post:
Ilan Tochner
I am Pip, therefore I ... um ... well ... am :D

https://www.kitely.com/market?store=16267322
Ilan Tochner

Re: The Magical, Mystical Broken Doors ...

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Filipa,

I suggest you Disable Scripts, accept the change then stop your world (using the Stop World link on your world's World Page when it's active). Then restart the world by entering it and re-enable scripts.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Filipa Thespian
Filipa Thespian

Ilan Tochner wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:03 pm
Hi Filipa,

I suggest you Disable Scripts, accept the change then stop your world (using the Stop World link on your world's World Page when it's active). Then restart the world by entering it and re-enable scripts.
Okey dokey, I did everything you said, word for word, step by step. Now on the old building, the left and right doors do absolutely nothing when clicked. SO, I selected them and set them to running, and still ... nothing. No combination of the script resetting or recompiling options work either.

On the new build, the left door still works, but the right door still does nothing at all.

I even tried a region restart after all the above didn't work. No change.

Now what?

Thanks.

Filipa Thespian

So I woke up thinking on this lol and had an idea. I took up copies of the 2 buildings in question and took them over to the Kitely sandbox and tried them there.

same thing. :(

Interesting fun fact ... my builds on the ground of my sim, the ones of my products I sell, using the SAME scripts ... are working fine. so weird. the builds having the problem are on my build pad at around 1500m up, but I took them to the sandbox at ground level, and still nothing.

So I brainstormed ... I took the scripts out of my working builds on the ground and put them in the non-working builds up in the sky ... poof ... they don't work : (

SO then... I rebuild a brand new set of doors to the same specs as my new build, from fresh/new prims, and applied the scripts I just found were working down below on my sim ... and still, they don't work.

AAAHHHHH BUT ... I rebuilt the doors from my old build which are made entirely from cubes (as opposed to the other build which makes them from cylinders ... AND THEY WORK ... hmm.

so I"m guessing something corrupted the builds on the ground at 1500m?

Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Filipa,

If you wish we can restore your world from a daily backup to a time before this system update. If we do so you'[ll lose whatever changes you've made to your world since then so you'll need to make sure to retake any content you've rezzed and haven't backed up in your inventory yet.

Would you like us to do so?
Filipa Thespian

Ilan Tochner wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:47 pm
Hi Filipa,

If you wish we can restore your world from a daily backup to a time before this system update. If we do so you'[ll lose whatever changes you've made to your world since then so you'll need to make sure to retake any content you've rezzed and haven't backed up in your inventory yet.

Would you like us to do so?
No, I found a work-around for now that I'm happy with and you do that, I'll lose the work I did today. I was just keeping you updated in case it was something you really needed to know for system purposes. That and I'm anal about figuring stuff out even if I find a work around lol. I like to know "why" ... yes, I was THAT annoying kid ... "why?" ... "why?" ... "why?" :D

I can be done now :) thanks.
These users thanked the author Filipa Thespian for the post:
Ilan Tochner