Where to file bug reports

Creating scripts
Tess Juel

Where to file bug reports

Post by Tess Juel »

I have to ask here because I have no idea where to do this.

It seems the llGetNumberOfSides() and llGetLinkNumberOf Sides() functions have a bug. They only work for prims, for meshes they always return 8 no matter hos many faces they actually have.

So, how do I file a bug report to the opensim developers and can anybody think of a workaround?
These users thanked the author Tess Juel for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Graham Mills

Re: Where to file bug reports

Post by Graham Mills »

Tess Juel wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:34 am
I have to ask here because I have no idea where to do this.

It seems the llGetNumberOfSides() and llGetLinkNumberOf Sides() functions have a bug. They only work for prims, for meshes they always return 8 no matter hos many faces they actually have.

So, how do I file a bug report to the opensim developers and can anybody think of a workaround?
Is it any different in SL? Perhaps these functions don't apply to mesh? (I guess they potentially have 1000s of sides)

There's a Mantis here http://opensimulator.org/mantis/main_page.php
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerTess Juel
Tess Juel

Post by Tess Juel »

Graham Mills wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:44 pm
Is it any different in SL? Perhaps these functions don't apply to mesh? (I guess they potentially have 1000s of sides)
The functions work correctly with mesh in SL. A mesh in SL and opensim can not have more than eight faces.

Graham Mills wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:44 pm
There's a Mantis here http://opensimulator.org/mantis/main_page.php
Thank you! Bug report filed.
These users thanked the author Tess Juel for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerChris Namaste
Tess Juel

Post by Tess Juel »

To conclude this thread with the result of my first (and most certainly last - this was not a pleasant experience to put it mildly) opensim bug report:
The llGetNumberOfSides()/llGetLinkNumberOf Sides() applies to meshes uploaded with early versions of opensim but not to recently uploaded meshes. For meshes uploaded to Kitely, it means the functions are broken for meshes uploaded before 20th April 2019 but work for meshes uplaoded after 4th March 2020. Don't ask me about meshes uploaded between those two dates - I havent' checked any. The "cutoff date" is different for different grids, depending on when they updated their software.

Recommended solution: reupload all "old" meshes. Needless to say, I'm not going to do that and I don't think many other content creators will either.
These users thanked the author Tess Juel for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerGraham Mills