Poseballs in sync?

Creating scripts
Graham Mills

Re: Poseballs in sync?

Post by Graham Mills »

I suspect we're hitting the limits of what ai scripting can achieve without human debugging intervention. However, phind does explain how the script is supposed to work and follow-up questions can be asked. Apologies if this hasn't been helpful in this case but I think it's an interesting avenue nonetheless.
Here's how the script works:

The script initializes by setting the UUIDs of the animations and the linked poseballs.
When an avatar touches the object, the script checks if the avatar has permission to be animated. If the avatar is frozen, the script sends a message to the avatar to give permission to animate and returns.
If the avatar has permission to animate, the script triggers the animation in both poseballs by sending a message to each poseball with the name of the animation to play.
The script then waits for a short period of time (0.1 seconds) to ensure that both animations have started playing.
Finally, the script synchronizes the animations in both poseballs by setting the animation UUID and playing the animation on all sides of both poseballs.

Note: This script assumes that the poseballs are linked and that the script is located in the root prim of the linkset. If the poseballs are not linked or if the script is located in a child prim, the script will need to be modified accordingly.
Koshari Mahana

Post by Koshari Mahana »

I'm able to get it working (no script errors) but it's not syncing, I'll keep trying.

Setting up the pmac was way too hard for me, I tried modifying my skating one and it wasn't working (because of my lack of skill in the scripting department)
Graham Mills wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:58 pm
VISIT FOUR WINDS ON THE MARKET
VISIT FOUR WINDS INWORLD: hop://grid.kitely.com:8002/Coopersville/909/907/21
Koshari Mahana

Post by Koshari Mahana »

Do you know if there is a slave script that's supposed to go in the poseballs?
Graham Mills wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:58 pm
I suspect we're hitting the limits of what ai scripting can achieve without human debugging intervention. However, phind does explain how the script is supposed to work and follow-up questions can be asked. Apologies if this hasn't been helpful in this case but I think it's an interesting avenue nonetheless.

Here's how the script works:

The script initializes by setting the UUIDs of the animations and the linked poseballs.
When an avatar touches the object, the script checks if the avatar has permission to be animated. If the avatar is frozen, the script sends a message to the avatar to give permission to animate and returns.
If the avatar has permission to animate, the script triggers the animation in both poseballs by sending a message to each poseball with the name of the animation to play.
The script then waits for a short period of time (0.1 seconds) to ensure that both animations have started playing.
Finally, the script synchronizes the animations in both poseballs by setting the animation UUID and playing the animation on all sides of both poseballs.

Note: This script assumes that the poseballs are linked and that the script is located in the root prim of the linkset. If the poseballs are not linked or if the script is located in a child prim, the script will need to be modified accordingly.
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Found a pair of line dance scripts (Adelle Fitzgerald CC-BY-SA 3.0 unported) in my inventory and have shared them with you. Hope they work OK.
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post:
Koshari Mahana
Koshari Mahana

Post by Koshari Mahana »

Thank you so much! I'll give them a try. :)
Graham Mills wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:52 pm
Found a pair of line dance scripts (Adelle Fitzgerald CC-BY-SA 3.0 unported) in my inventory and have shared them with you. Hope they work OK.
These users thanked the author Koshari Mahana for the post:
Graham Mills
Koshari Mahana

Post by Koshari Mahana »

Graham, They worked perfectly! Thank you so very much.
Graham Mills wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:52 pm
[/quote]
These users thanked the author Koshari Mahana for the post:
Graham Mills