Scripts stop working

Creating scripts
Amiryu Hosoi

Scripts stop working

Post by Amiryu Hosoi »

hey hey,

a question, I use scripts for rocking my sampan gently on the waves, But every now and then the scripts stop working. In the script the checkbox still tells me it is running but it doenst do anything. I am changing my region from advance multi region to general and back every now and then. Could it be that this is the cause that stops the scripts from working? I had the same with my magic lantern. Just stopped playing;-(

Anyone?

Ami
Now delivering to hypergrid http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2570982
Deuce Halsey

Re: Scripts stop working

Post by Deuce Halsey »

The odd thing is that a world has to be stopped (shut down, not running) when you toggle Advanced Megaregion Mode on or off. So from the point of view of the script it should appear to be starting up from any old region shutdown, which of course happens all the time in Kitely. Is your sampan located right on a boundary between two sims? That's the only way where I could see a change in Advanced Megaregion Mode affecting it.

Well either that, of if your script is communicating with/controlling objects in a different region of the world from where the scripted object itself is located. That could be conceivably be messed up by a change in Megaregion mode. Unless your sampan or magic lantern are on a sim boundary or doing inter-region communications, I can't see why a mode change would affect them.
Deuce Halsey
Just4yucks in Kitely Marketplace
http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2704782
Dundridge Dreadlow

Re: Scripts stop working

Post by Dundridge Dreadlow »

Interesting.

If your scripts are doing a lot of maths, they could have encountered a serious maths error where they break.
Other than that, they could have lost touch with reality, err, I mean physics.

Those COULD be triggered by megaregion changes, but I'd really need to know more about what they do to help.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PS. Kitely is awesome.