SL Scripter comments, is this accurate

Creating scripts
Dundridge Dreadlow

Re: SL Scripter comments, is this accurate

Post by Dundridge Dreadlow »

Ilan Tochner wrote:
When you say "sound on my boat only works in one of the four sims", what exactly are you referring to? What function are you using to play the sound?
Ah, I know this one, had the exact same problem myself a few months back. Advanced megaregions default by having sound enabled ONLY on the first corner region. If you look at the parcel settings you may notice that "restrict sound to this parcel" is set. Toggle it :)
Boo Rojyo wrote:I'm not a scripter but I did wonder if there's a way to configure the particle scripts not by prim link number but name of prim (eg 'front right engine'). Maybe somebody who knows about scripts could tell me that?
Yes :D :twisted:
These users thanked the author Dundridge Dreadlow for the post:
Jean Swashbuckler
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PS. Kitely is awesome.
Sherrie Melody

Post by Sherrie Melody »

I modified that boat script so that support for the sound, particle prims, and the monitoring prim could be enabled/disabled, and modified it so that you can specify the name of the sound, the particle prims, and the monitoring prim. See http://www.kitely.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 9&start=10
These users thanked the author Sherrie Melody for the post (total 2):
Constance PeregrineMarstol Nitely
Boo Rojyo

Post by Boo Rojyo »

Ilan Tochner wrote:Hi Boo,

Please see: http://opensimulator.org/wiki/OsTeleportOwner, please let me know if it causes you problems above 256m.

When you say "sound on my boat only works in one of the four sims", what exactly are you referring to? What function are you using to play the sound?

Thanks Ilan, the TP script worked, and I found it could be used as a TP box as well as a hud.

I've solved the sound problem, it wasn't script or mega region connected at all. It's a pretty dumb reason actually, but I blame the fact there's no water based sandbox to test boats:)

Testing my physics flying vehicle with very similar scripts to my boat on the Kitely Merchants Sandbox I realised sounds worked on all sims. Not so on my region. The reason was that on the 3 failing sims the 'Restrict gesture and object sounds to this parcel' was ticked. Untick that and voila! We have sound. For some bizarre reason it was ticked on the 'key' sim but didnt have the same effect of stopping sound on physics vehicles.

LATER UPDATE TO POST.......**** Sorry Dundridge missed your post, you beat me to the solution, thanks****
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

I'm not sure that's the entire story. I have a 2x2 in which sound fails to play in any of the regions despite having that box unticked in all four. I exported an OAR (minus a small number of non-exportable items) and reimported to a new 2x2 and all works fine. I also have a single region that behaves similarly. I guess it's possible the unticking process failed in some manner or the sim wasn't sufficiently cold when restarted.