Action NPC on Ohn Freebies World

Creating scripts
Constance Peregrine

Re: Action NPC on Ohn Freebies World

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Adagio Greenwood wrote:How lovely, Phoneix, thank you! I don't mind being a guinea pig, lol. :D

Adagio
cool...and I want to add, it is very nice to see you here Phoneix, very very nice to see someone I have experience knowing is an excellent scriptor bringing that talent to Kitely-)))

[this one is a treasure folx-))]
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post (total 2):
Adagio GreenwoodPhoneix Dreamscape
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Phoneix Dreamscape

Post by Phoneix Dreamscape »

Hi there Minethere :) Thanks for the warm welcome and kind words, it is GREAT to see you here too! I know you bring a lot of experience and expertise with you from those other grids, Kitely is all the richer for it. I like it here much better than 'that other place' already :)

Adagio: Thanks for your offer to be a guinea pig. I'll get a copy of the NPC Multi Tool to you as soon as I finish the instructions. Writing the instructions is the hard part :)
These users thanked the author Phoneix Dreamscape for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerConstance Peregrine
Ohn Lang

Post by Ohn Lang »

Phoneix Dreamscape wrote:
Ohn Lang wrote:One way around that would be to modify the script to track all NPCs...
I have a little gadget that does that, I call it the NPC Multi Tool. It can detect and delete any and all NPCs in the region. You can poof individual NPCs or all of them in the entire region with just a click - VERY handy for those pesky beta NPCs that runaway unexpectedly :)

The NPC Multi Tool is an appearance notecard maker/giver, NPC scanner and remover all in one. The scanner shows how many NPC's are in the region, their name and distance in meters for each NPC it detects. It's easy to use; menu driven, no chat commands to remember. The tool is sim friendly too, it doesn't use a sensor.

This is an early version of a NPC Multi Tool that I plan to sell on the Marketplace when it opens. Until then, I would like to offer it for free to anyone that wants one. I would be honored if I could make it available on Ohn Freebies World. It was there that I picked up the FREE NPC package that introduced me to NPCs and I've been having a blast with them ever since :)

aww, gosh Phoneix!! I missed this. As long as permissions allow people to see the scripting too, your creation would be very welcome on my freebie place :D
These users thanked the author Ohn Lang for the post (total 2):
Bladyblue BommerangConstance Peregrine
Constance Peregrine

Phoneix Dreamscape wrote:Hi there Minethere :) Thanks for the warm welcome and kind words, it is GREAT to see you here too! I know you bring a lot of experience and expertise with you from those other grids, Kitely is all the richer for it. I like it here much better than 'that other place' already :)

Adagio: Thanks for your offer to be a guinea pig. I'll get a copy of the NPC Multi Tool to you as soon as I finish the instructions. Writing the instructions is the hard part :)
-)) I don't really use my experience you refer to anymore. I got a bit burned on it, so I am a bit gunshy now. Maybe, in time, we will see what happens-)) but, ty-))

I think kitely would be perfect for you, as well as enable you to really shine with your skills...and be on the ground floor with the market. I would have told you of it if I had known you would find it interesting. I have told some others from that grid that I expect you will see around here eventually also-)) be well...

eta: was just reading the inworldz forums and they had no clue what NPCs are, and as well, tho it was pointed out to them, they can't even do them there....I found that quite amusing-))

Ephemeral wanderer...
Ohn Lang

Post by Ohn Lang »

I just realized that I accidentally included a notecard in the controller that shouldn't exist until AFTER the controller has actually rezzed seats.

The name of that notecard is 'objectsARERezzed'

So, If you are trying out the NPC for the first time, before you click the controller to rez the NPC, right-click and go to Contents and delete the notecard 'objectsARERezzed'

Don't delete the 'objects2rez' though, because that one tells the controller the name of the objects in the contents to rez :D
Ohn Lang

Re: Action NPC on Ohn Freebies World - UPDATE v0.4

Post by Ohn Lang »

Just to let you know, I updated the NPC Moving Man to v0.4

One significant improvement, and also deleted the objectsARERezzed notecard (sorry about that for folks that got the 0.3 version).

The BIG improvement is in the movement, which drastically reduces script time. Now, rather than using sleep and position checking frequently to determine if the NPC has had time to make it to his destination (before moving on to the next action), I now just do a loose calculation of how long he'll need to travel the distance, and set a timer to trigger him back to the idle state once he's had time to get to the destination. The loose calculation, LOL, is the distance divided by 2, for the number of seconds he'll need to travel to destination. Let me know if you have any troubles with that. Seems to work pretty good for me and I LOVE the reduced script time :)

It's out on ohn freebies, same location as before, SE corner.
Ohn Lang

Post by Ohn Lang »

[quote="Phoneix Dreamscape"]
I have a little gadget that does that, I call it the NPC Multi Tool. It can detect and delete any and all NPCs in the region. You can poof individual NPCs or all of them in the entire region with just a click - VERY handy for those pesky beta NPCs that runaway unexpectedly :)

The NPC Multi Tool is an appearance notecard maker/giver, NPC scanner and remover all in one. The scanner shows how many NPC's are in the region, their name and distance in meters for each NPC it detects. It's easy to use; menu driven, no chat commands to remember. The tool is sim friendly too, it doesn't use a sensor.

This is an early version of a NPC Multi Tool that I plan to sell on the Marketplace when it opens. Until then, I would like to offer it for free to anyone that wants one. I would be honored if I could make it available on Ohn Freebies World. It was there that I picked up the FREE NPC package that introduced me to NPCs and I've been having a blast with them ever since :)[/quote

I just found you inworld! I couldn't find you in the public worlds and just remembered I can search for people inworld, LOL. I sent you an IM. Just drop your NPC tool in that message chat box, and I'll pop it out on the ohn freebies world :)
ShowStopper Eclipse

Post by ShowStopper Eclipse »

What's the link for the world so I can try out the NPC?
Bladyblue Bommerang

Post by Bladyblue Bommerang »

Ohn hasn't been around in a while, but mat Mahogany has an NPC baker working in his cafe on his world located here http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/mat-mahogany/Stuart

I'll log in and drop the NPC scripts onto your profile.
Constance Peregrine

i am pretty sure i have ohn's npc stuff in my inventory, tho i never got around to working on that...and i am sure others do also.

he had it all set out for free

I miss him and haven't seen him around anywhere tho he might be around osg I am not sure....nice guy too-))

Ephemeral wanderer...