Sliding doors and rotation

Creating scripts
Amiryu Hosoi

Sliding doors and rotation

Post by Amiryu Hosoi »

hey Guys,

I am thinking of finally starting with the construction of the old Edo Town in my sim. The one thing I would like to to better this time is building zig zag streets, exiting corners and differences in level. The problem however is that my Japanese houses make use of sliding doors.

Now if a house is placed on a 0, 90, 180, or 270 degree rotation I can easely edit the scripts to work properly. However, when a house is place on a different rotation I cannot make the sliding doors work. My question; is there a work around or am I stuck with the 0, 90, 180, or 270 degree rotation?

Ami
Now delivering to hypergrid http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2570982
Dot Matrix

Re: Sliding doors and rotation

Post by Dot Matrix »

Try Handy's door and drawer system, which is on Kitely Market: Handy's door & drawer system

It works very nicely, and he has done an export expansion pack for it -- Handy's door & drawer system - exportable control script -- so you can add it to your houses for sale on Kitely Market.
Handy Low

Post by Handy Low »

Thanks Dot. :)

Yes, that system will open any kind of door at any angle (relative or global).
Handy Low
Min Tigerpaw

Post by Min Tigerpaw »

Another solution are my advanced door (rotation or sliding) scripts as sold in Kitely Market. The door can be teached to every rotation / sliding position and can be set up with numerous other features like rotating direction, time for opening/closing, autoopen/autoclose, lock/unlock, user setup etc. The functions can be checked in the green scripted items pavillon of my "MT Shopping Adventure" region.