Vehicle on a Track

Creating scripts
JCat Ziva

Vehicle on a Track

Post by JCat Ziva »

So I know this might be a moot point until the next OS upgrade, and to my understanding, OS and SL handle vehicles differently (at least I thought I read that somewhere). I am trying to find either a script, or even better, a completed "kit" which lets you put down a track layout, and have a vehicle follow it (with an option to stop at locations or run continuously from beginning to end). If they were for sale OS, I'd buy on a heartbeat. On SL, there's an incredible train kit by Kitto Flora, which comes with various track pieces you put together. The train itself runs very smooth. Also, I've seen some ride-through attractions on various regions that use a single vehicle on a track (also smooth). Is there anything like this yet on OS, or this something to look forward to -- meaning , not just yet? :lol: Thank you
These users thanked the author JCat Ziva for the post:
Selby Evans
Keith Selmes

Re: Vehicle on a Track

Post by Keith Selmes »

These users thanked the author Keith Selmes for the post (total 2):
Selby EvansJCat Ziva
JCat Ziva

Re: Vehicle on a Track

Post by JCat Ziva »

Hey, thank you, Keith! I was able to get some of those sample codes working. Very cool - but too bad it performs very old school SL. I'm sure at some point, we'll be getting smooth running trains. Again, thanks for the link - it's something to definitely play around with in the meantime.