huge error on teleport fuctions!! help!!

Creating scripts
Valerious Strongborn
Has thanked: 0

huge error on teleport fuctions!! help!!

Post by Valerious Strongborn »

i been trying to embed a teleport fuction inside of my meter/hud system i been makeing..me as owner and with a creator key in the meter script it allows me to tp to respawn point when i die.(combat system meter btw)but i give the meter to my alt and when they die it spits out this huge error as follows...

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.Shared.ScriptException: OSSL Runtime Error: osTeleportAgent permission denied. Script creator is not in the list of users allowed to execute this function and prim owner also has no permission.
at OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.Shared.Api.OSSL_Api.OSSLError (System.String msg) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.Shared.Api.OSSL_Api.CheckThreatLevel (ThreatLevel level, System.String function) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.Shared.Api.OSSL_Api:CheckThreatLevel (OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.Shared.Api.Interfaces.ThreatLevel,string)
at OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.Shared.Api.OSSL_Api.osTeleportAgent (System.String agent, System.String regionName, Vector3 position, Vector3 lookat) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-chec
can someone please help me out here thanks
Graham Mills

Re: huge error on teleport fuctions!! help!!

Post by Graham Mills »

Code: Select all

Script creator is not in the list of users allowed to execute this function and prim owner also has no permission.
There are limits on many OSSL functions to prevent griefing -- this is one of them. I doubt it works in a HUD other than for the world manager.

https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... functions/
Valerious Strongborn

hehehi have been referred to that list several times but with no definition of what the command is for kinda just stops me there i am a noob at scripting
we need a os wiki!! lol..
the thing that gets me is it works on my main.. i give my alt a full perm copy and it gives me these errors
but what seems to be errors only when switching regions like if i go to kitely welcome center then tp back home to my sims.. i get the error
but at the same time with the alt the actual tp does not work on death . with the main it does
Last edited by Valerious Strongborn on Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Valerious Strongborn wrote:hehehi have been referred to that list several times but with no definition of what the command is for kinda just stops me there i am a noob at scripting
we need a os wiki!! lol
There is a list http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Category:OSSL_Functions
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Speaking of which osGrantScriptPermissions is new to me. Will this be enabled on Kitely?
Valerious Strongborn

also i have encountered another bug/glitch ok so my meter has a titler displaying name,age,class etc,, if i am wearing this and log off. and back on it does not display the titler text.... it is not in my worn items list. it is not even visible like it is a temp attachment..but if i tp to another sim (kitely welcome center) all the floating text is now visible and the meter is shown in worn items.. witch is really weird and aggravating also. because when i do get this going players may have to zone off the sim each time for the meter to be visible.. i dunno what would cause this problem either.. any ideas??
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Valerious Strongborn wrote:also i have encountered another bug/glitch ok so my meter has a titler displaying name,age,class etc,, if i am wearing this and log off. and back on it does not display the titler text.... it is not in my worn items list. it is not even visible like it is a temp attachment..but if i tp to another sim (kitely welcome center) all the floating text is now visible and the meter is shown in worn items.. witch is really weird and aggravating also. because when i do get this going players may have to zone off the sim each time for the meter to be visible.. i dunno what would cause this problem either.. any ideas??
I don't really have an answer for you in this case. How is the titler initialised? Typically there is a need to handle

Code: Select all

changed CHANGED_REGION_START
because worlds are booted on demand (apart from KWC).
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Graham.

osGrantScriptPermissions opens the door to many security problems so I don't see it being enabled without adding additional safety mechanisms. Doing that is not high on our priority list.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

One way to work around the call limit for non-world managers is to have a World Manager-owned object listen to requests from objects owned by world visitors. The World Manager owned object would then call the desired function when it receives a request from one of those visitor owned objects. This leaves the control of what is called and for who to the world manager but enables visitors to initiate calls.