copyable no trans prim

Creating scripts
Valerious Strongborn
Has thanked: 0

copyable no trans prim

Post by Valerious Strongborn »

hi in sl i used a method to drop coins for my game when someone killed the player or npc.. a copyable rezzer prim witch rezs no trans coins..worked fine..
but in kitely it will not allow it to be copyable and contain a trans only object inside.. it makes the prim no copy? why is this and is there a fix or a way around this..
thanks in advance
Ilan Tochner

Re: copyable no trans prim

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Valerious,

This is how folded permissions work, if object 1 contains a No-Copy object 2 then object 1 is treated as No-Copy as well. If this were not the case then you could easily bypass No-Copy restrictions by adding No-Copy objects inside Copy-enabled objects, duplicating those Copy-enabled objects and then taking out the No-Copy objects from inside them, thus allowing you to get multiple copies of No-Copy objects.
Valerious Strongborn

Post by Valerious Strongborn »

this porcess i did works fine in sl? so i am wondering why it does not work in opensim or kitely.. reason behind this is that in my meter for the game it holds a coin rezzer. when the player dies it rezzs the coin for them to get..the rezzer set to copyable.. thecontents of rezzer set to trans only... problem being that after 1 rez it is gone instead of remainiung in the prim for the next death..the coin is no trans so they do not copy them but earn them. i had no problem in sl with this and just curious is it a kitely added feature or opensim that makes everything within the prim whatever the child prim is? because i have tested this game i am transferring into kitely multiple times on diffrent aspects and works flawless so i am confused as to how it is not working in kitely.. and why i was wondering if it is some sort of added security in the kitely grid? thanks for your time.. if you have any info on another way to do this would be greatly apreciated
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

AFAIK this is how this works in OpenSim. if you find that it works differently in OSgrid (which runs the latest development version of OpenSim) than it does in Kitely then please let us know.
Virtouse Lilienthal
Been thanked: 0

Post by Virtouse Lilienthal »

The implementation in OpenSim is just wrong, and therefore also Wrong in Kitely.

YrGrid and InWorldz are the only OpenSim based grids I know which have this problem tackled, eventually this will go hopefully into the mainline.