Clubmaster Dance Machine HELP

Creating scripts
Goddess Erin
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Clubmaster Dance Machine HELP

Post by Goddess Erin »

Hi, I am new to this and I need help with the Clubmaster Dance Machine that I got from Club Hedonism. I can not get it to work in the world that I am a member of. It throws this exemption: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.Shared.ScriptException: OSSL Runtime Error: osGetNotecard permission denied. Script creator is not in the list of users allowed to execute this function and prim owner also has no permission.
at OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.Shared.Api.OSSL_Api.OSSLError (System.String msg) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.Shared.Api.OSSL_Api.CheckThreatLevel (ThreatLevel level, System.String function) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.Shared.Api.OSSL_Api:CheckThreatLevel (OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.Shared.Api.Interfaces.ThreatLevel,string)
at OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.Shared.Api.OSSL_Api.osGetNotecard (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.Shared.ScriptBase.ScriptBaseClass.osGetNotecard (System.String name) [0
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.Shared.ScriptException: OSSL Runtime Error: osGetNotecard permission denied. Script creator is not in the list of users allowed to execute this function and prim owner also has no permission.
at OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.Shared.Api.OSSL_Api.OSSLError (System.String msg) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.Shared.Api.OSSL_Api.CheckThreatLevel (ThreatLevel level, System.String function) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.Shared.Api.OSSL_Api:CheckThreatLevel (OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.Shared.Api.Interfaces.ThreatLevel,string)
at OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.Shared.Api.OSSL_Api.osGetNotecard (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.Shared.ScriptBase.ScriptBaseClass.osGetNotecard (System.String name) [0

I tried using it in a demo world that I created and I had no issues...so how do i get it working in another world? The estate owner tried and had no luck. What do I need to do and where are the settings located in Firestorm to change it so it works....
Ilan Tochner

Re: Clubmaster Dance Machine HELP

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Goddess Erin,

Please see: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... functions/

osGetNotecard is under the "Allowed for World Manager" category of OSSL functions which means that the object containing the script needs to be owned by the manager of the world where you're trying to run that script. That is why it works in your own world but not in the world of another user where you're trying to run that script.

To overcome this problem give the script to the world manager and have him or her rezz the object in his or her world.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Constance Peregrine