Airplane script that works on kitely

Creating scripts
Ramesh Ramloll

Airplane script that works on kitely

Post by Ramesh Ramloll »

Hello,
I am looking for an air plane script that works on kitely. Are there air plane demos that I could see?
Best regards
Ramesh
Dot Matrix

Re: Airplane script that works on kitely

Post by Dot Matrix »

Keith Selmes has demo airplanes on Quayside: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Ke ... Quayside-2
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 2):
Ramesh RamlollSelby Evans
Keith Selmes

Post by Keith Selmes »

That's right, there are some in Quayside. The aircraft available to use have a fixed rate of turn, which makes them relatively easy to use, but not able to do aerobatics or complex manoeuvres. They work with ODE or Bulletsim, selectable through a switch on the instrument panel. They have a world edge avoidance feature, and will try to prevent you from going out of bounds. They are also quite slow, so they can operate in small worlds.

Recently I've been working to reducing the physics impact and script times, using tools and advice which became available during 2015. I expect to replace the current aircraft with new types during the next week or two. Other developments include multi seat aircraft with dual control, and this all applies both to fixed wing aircraft and helicopters.

My other scripts are more realistic but more difficult to use, there are some in world, but not yet available to visitors.
These are currently Bulletsim only, and probably will not be available in ODE.
Since future physics engines are supposed to be compatible with Bulletsim, it's probably more sensible to spend time checking this with ubODE and PhysX.

There is a caveat with Bulletsim, discussions elsewhere suggest operating several vehicles with several avatars can seize up altogether. Testing with four or five alts hasn't given that type of problem, but discussions suggested ten avatars with vehicles might be too much. Visitor numbers are low enough it hasn't been necessary to limit them, or limit vehicles in use, but this is the main reason I haven't been advertising, the effect of larger numbers being unknown.
These users thanked the author Keith Selmes for the post (total 2):
Ramesh RamlollSelby Evans
Ramesh Ramloll

Post by Ramesh Ramloll »

Thanks a LOT Keith, and Dot,
I will visit and take a look asap.
Best
Ramesh :D