NPC Attachment not working

Creating scripts
Louis-Francis De_Beauharnois

NPC Attachment not working

Post by Louis-Francis De_Beauharnois »

Greetings everyone I didn't saw a topic about it so I guess there is none and hope I'm the only one facing this situation.

I'm trying to use this awesome NPC Controller : https://github.com/opensimworld/active- ... /README.md
This particual NPC Controller allow you to control every NPC in your region with one script and it also allow you to do speaking commands to your NPC so it is no longer notecard pre-coded action bound.

The setup is easy but when I rez the NPC, it accept no commands... to say the least he does nothing.
I tried to edit the script in the attachment so it will say something when rez and when it listen to something and nothing either happen.
I have been working before that on an attachment that would need to turn alpha 100% when needed and used for it a listen command too that didn't work either on the NPC.

So to my question : Is it that scripts are disabled on NPC attachment in Kitely? Or is there a problem with my Sim?

If people are willing to test on their own sim, follow the link provided above.

Thank you all in advance.
Ilan Tochner

Re: NPC Attachment not working

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Louis,

NPC OSSL functions work in Kitely but only when the script Owner is the world manager of the world where that script is activated. See: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... functions/

Thank you Ilan, in my situation I am the World manager of the world where the script is activated and the object containning the script is also mine and still it doesn't work.

Any idea of something else I could be doing wrong? or something in my world that could prevent using a llListen script or a simple llSay on a NPC attachment? (and yes I know llSay is not to make the NPC talk, I simply use it to test where the attachment script bug, so far llSay on a Rez state do nothing so I would figure it means it does not activate the script at all).
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

I suggest you try to pinpoint the problem by creating small scripts that test the individual functions you're using. Do that with the script debug window open so you'll be able to see any errors that may be preventing the scripts from doing what you expect them to do.

See: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Debugging_Tips
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

I believe this is the NPC controller that I am using, albeit in a somewhat scaled down manner (not using pegs to define waypoints). Thus far I am simply using notecards loaded at initialization to control the NPC. Note that it is important that your avatar wears the listener object (I think is specifies the right pec as attachment point) before you save the NPC. I was able to control about a dozen NPCs without difficulty although they weren't doing anything sophisticated. It is potentially a very useful piece of code although I suspect I am just scratching the surface.
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post:
Ilan Tochner

Thank you both for your answer.... found the problem, I took a look at the Land info and found out I was not allowing NO GROUP MEMBER to run script... this is the reason it could not work for my NPC as they can't be part of the group.

So sorry about this but really really really happy it is now fix :D
These users thanked the author Louis-Francis De_Beauharnois for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

NP Louis, thank you for sharing the solution you found to the problem.
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

Thanks for this thread, I'm looking for a good tutorial on NPCs.