Script bugging after sale

Creating scripts
Mike Lorrey

Re: Script bugging after sale

Post by Mike Lorrey »

Kurtis Anatine wrote:
Handy Low wrote:In that case, I suggest whittling the code down to just the function(s) that misbehave, and sharing that with us. I'm sure we can figure out what's happening from that.
Yeah I think this is a good idea, isolate the issue and then throw the code in here.

By the sounds of this it doesn't sound like a permission issue at all since the chair is rezzing and from you have said the script inside of the chair is in there as well (If the object or the script didn't have the right copy permissions you wouldn't have one left in the main object). So to help with that we would need to know how exactly its communicating with all of the objects. I'm assuming its all via listen events so you might have to double check that if you are sending channels via on_rez or something simular that they are being consistent with the main objects listen channel and whatnot.

As for variables that are defined within the script and set should be stored. Unless you're loading this script in an object in world and adding a variable to it (like using a channel call to define it while its running and not hardcoding it inside) and then taking the object back into your inventory, there could be a chance that the stored variable would be lost. I have done some testing and sometimes when items are thrown through the hypergrid the script is started as if it was just compiled on the other end but every time I have seen this at least with objects being rezzed out by another object the on_rez call is still fired (Thought id throw this out there just in case this is how you're doing it).

As for broken permissions on kitely, I haven't had one problem with them so far and I have done things in a simular situation as you and have tested it extensively with my own grid I had running as well as alt delivery etc. I would love the export button to be able to be ticked if its not full perm inworld though! *hint hint Ilan wink wink wink wink wink* But other than that perms have been pretty strait forward.
Sorry Kurtis, but it IS a permissions problem. It works fine for others if the scripts are set to mod, but not if they are set to nomod, the chairs rez and wont be moved by the control script in the table.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Do they move for people when they rezz the table and chairs in their own Kitely worlds?
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

I am obviously not going to put nonfunctioning product on the market for people to use. The one example outside my sim I can attest to was in Giz Ihnen's world in her diner (which you can see was the setting of our photo shoot in the Kitely market listing for the 50's Diner Multi-chair). They worked fine in my possession there. I set one for sale, she bought it inworld, and rezzed it, to find the bug I have described. The scripts at the time were set to nomod. I then went back to Woodbury and experimented with my alt, who also got the nomod malfunction when he purchased a copy inworld. I set up a test product on the market as I recall, and as long as I was buying it myself, it worked fine for me, but as soon as my alt bought it, it wouldn't function, in the exact same region/location. Once I set the script to mod/copy/notrans, Giz bought one on the Kitely market and rezzed it and it worked fine for her in her own sim as it had for my alt. This is most definitely a perms issue.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Please take the mod/copy/no-transfer version that worked, rezz it, have it rezz a chair, and then change the Owner and the Next Owner permissions of both the chair and in the table to what you want them to be before taking that updated chair and placing it inside the updated table (please note the person who buys the item will get the Next Owner permissions for it). Once that's done please retest the table yourself and then using an alt that either buys it from Kitely Market or has it delivered from Kitely Market using the Test Delivery option. Finally, please report your results when completing these steps.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Chris Namaste