Scripts disappearing, failing after restarts

Creating scripts
David Denny 2
Has thanked: 0

Scripts disappearing, failing after restarts

Post by David Denny 2 »

I have the constant problem of Scripts disappearing, failing after restarts. But but is not ALL scripts on the sim. Its a real pain as there are a lot on 16 regions and having to go around and checking ans then rez new stuff is a pain in the butt - solutions?

David
These users thanked the author David Denny 2 for the post:
Selby Evans
Ilan Tochner

Re: Scripts disappearing, failing after restarts

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi David,

Are you making sure the scripts are programmed to restart properly on region restart event?
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

I have seen vanishing scripts on at least 2 occasions. I have not seen any failures to restart on loading the sim. Ordinarily scripts save their code line and return to executing that line on reload and, as far as I can tell, that is what mine are doing. I have seen very rare cases in which scripts which had been in place and operating for over a month were missing on sim restart.
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Not sure what's happening here. I've no experience of losing scripts as far as I'm aware but I guess this is something you could test, i.e. create 100 prims with scripts and see how many still have scripts after a month or so? What are the scripts doing? Are those disappearing in particular locations?

As far as sim restarts are concerned, I generally test for CHANGED_REGION_RESTART where appropriate, e.g. to create NPCs which are automatically removed when a world terminates.
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post:
Ilan Tochner