How will breedable's work here question

Creating scripts
Isis Starlight

How will breedable's work here question

Post by Isis Starlight »

Hello wanted to know with OSSL i believe its called for scripting how does breedables work with worlds on demand :?:

Reason for asking i had a friend who has turned his very high tech pets as CC Creative commons & wanted to share

Is there a script library here ? but most important will LSL written breedable scripts work here ,

Wanted to make some living rock pets that eat magic mushrooms ;)
These users thanked the author Isis Starlight for the post (total 2):
Constance PeregrineFrank SquirrelHerder
Dundridge Dreadlow

Re: How will breedable's work here question

Post by Dundridge Dreadlow »

heh, depends on the skill of the developer :)
If someone has the skill to develop a breedable system, they should be able to cope with on-demand, it should pose no more challenge than lag. I'd love to see the approach your friend was using, I never fully finished my pets system.

..as to will they work here.. they will almost certainly need tweaking, there are minor differences between the two scripting systems, but for the most part they are mostly compatible.

Scripts seem to be currently added to the forum scripts section (which will hopefully be separated into a script "questions or help" forum and a script "place here" forum)
These users thanked the author Dundridge Dreadlow for the post:
Isis Starlight
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PS. Kitely is awesome.
Isis Starlight

Post by Isis Starlight »

Dundridge Dreadlow wrote:heh, depends on the skill of the developer :)
If someone has the skill to develop a breedable system, they should be able to cope with on-demand, it should pose no more challenge than lag. I'd love to see the approach your friend was using, I never fully finished my pets system.

..as to will they work here.. they will almost certainly need tweaking, there are minor differences between the two scripting systems, but for the most part they are mostly compatible.

Scripts seem to be currently added to the forum scripts section (which will hopefully be separated into a script "questions or help" forum and a script "place here" forum)

Thank you Dundridge as that clears alot up :)
Scripts are several and very very long not much different then horse ones you see in secondlife
so by posting them direct it would take a lot of space then somehow could get pasted/posted wrong.

I would host a library but my budget is unstable right now and kitely is the only grid who options mean you will never lose
your hard earned builds & sims so it would need to be free to everyone I think I will ask in feedback if they might be considering that.

Thanks Again Dundridge you are a gentleman :D
Annie Moore

Post by Annie Moore »

Breedables can, in fact, work here, but using them in the HYPERGRID causes issues with permissions and so on and so forth, I have been working and testing on things here and there.

An object (Pet or plant or otherwise) That is DROPPPING a BUNDLE/SEED/ECT those have to be COPY, and that just doesn't work for this situation.

Your best bet is to create pets/objects who have to interact with a third party object to REZ an offspring, and those would only be one shot uses each, I can go into further detail if you contact me but OPEN SIM has been very hard to get this done I'm still testing and trying to fix everything up.
These users thanked the author Annie Moore for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Annie Moore
{Annie Moore} Home Interiors
https://www.kitely.com/market?store=13528266&wt=os
Ricardo Sorciere

Post by Ricardo Sorciere »

Breedable's do work i done that in opensim a long time ago
These users thanked the author Ricardo Sorciere for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Annie Moore

Post by Annie Moore »

So currently here in Kitely I am making headway! I am working on my Region. I am making them Kitely ONLY which will solve my hypergridding issue, I'm just working on the TIME spin with the ON DEMAND, to make sure they age up when a region comes back online to their correct age, based on the passage of TIME, not the time the Region is actually online.

Because if we let them age based on when people are IN The regions that might not work out so well...take YEARS. XD

SO hopefully we'll have them soon! <3 IN TESTING!
These users thanked the author Annie Moore for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerFrank SquirrelHerderZyzzyx Qinan
Annie Moore
{Annie Moore} Home Interiors
https://www.kitely.com/market?store=13528266&wt=os
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

Hi Annie
We have an inworld "script library" building at the Seanchai Mall, several dozen scripts in boxes. Maybe more nostalgic then just being on a webpage, which may be easier. If you would like I can put up another building at Seanchai Mall and give you rights to do stuff there for your own script library place.
These users thanked the author Shandon Loring for the post:
Frank SquirrelHerder
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

Yeah the main issue is you need to have your breedables "catch up" on their aging when there are people in their kitely region but also to send owner notifications of feeding needs etc if they exist, before they die of starvation, or else script in a hibernation mode if they don't get attention