Path following system?

Creating scripts
Kimm Starr

Path following system?

Post by Kimm Starr »

Hi all, I will preface this with, "I'm not a scripter at all." I have been playing around with Nebadon's original train script for days now. Along with a couple of other ones as well. I'm about to pull my hair out. I just want some moving car props for my New York City sim. Cars that follow a simple path. My question: Is there a Follow path system anywhere in open sim that I can buy? I had a system that I had bought in SL and they are great. I made all sorts of cool rides, parades, etc with it. Are there any kits like that here? Or does someone have a follow path script for idiots? I have looked all over the net, I have read every forum post I could find, every script I have found so far is just broken enough to drive me insane, LOL. I have made several trial runs, the car flips over or veers to the right when it pauses, a couple rode on it's side and some just disappeared altogether. if someone could please point me in the right direction, that would be awesome. Thank You
These users thanked the author Kimm Starr for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerSelby EvansChris Namaste
I'm obsessed with Animesh and soon you will be too!
Zed deTremont

Re: Path following system?

Post by Zed deTremont »

Hello Kimm,

I know that Omei Qunhua has such a system in sl. Last week I've been talking to her and she was interested to adapt her scripts for kitely. She's a rl programmer so I hope she effectively does it. Of course if she effectively does it... euhm I can not tell but since I see your demand I'll send her a notice. Sorry as it regards scripting, the only thing I can do with it is about the same as you. Pulling what's left of my hair out :)
These users thanked the author Zed deTremont for the post (total 3):
Selby EvansChris NamasteGraham Mills
Kimm Starr

Post by Kimm Starr »

That would be amazing. I know I should be better at scripting than I am. Spent a while building in SL, but was spoiled with the market place. More scripts and gadgets in the Kitely market would be Fabulous. Thanks for the reply.
These users thanked the author Kimm Starr for the post (total 2):
Zed deTremontChris Namaste
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Have you tried this one? viewtopic.php?t=1896
Kimm Starr

Post by Kimm Starr »

Thanks for posting this. I missed this one. I'll give it a whirl. If I happen to figure anything out, I'll for sure post my findings here. Thanks!
These users thanked the author Kimm Starr for the post:
Graham Mills