Danko Whitfield

Make Your Own Radio - stations

Post by Danko Whitfield »

These users thanked the author Danko Whitfield for the post (total 4):
Constance PeregrineYour TeacherSerene JewellSelby Evans
Your Teacher

Re: Make Your Own Radio - stations

Post by Your Teacher »

Thank you! I still can't get parcel music to play, but I managed to get my Nitely jukebox to work.
These users thanked the author Your Teacher for the post:
Marstol Nitely
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Hope it wasn't too much work. Let me know if I can help. (Even though I have a feeling you're more proficient than I am) :)
These users thanked the author Marstol Nitely for the post:
Dot Matrix
Your Teacher

Post by Your Teacher »

Marstol Nitely wrote:Hope it wasn't too much work. Let me know if I can help. (Even though I have a feeling you're more proficient than I am) :)
It works a treat with this script, as for being proficient - ROFL - Er no. I know just enough to make a real mess of things. :mrgreen:
These users thanked the author Your Teacher for the post (total 2):
Marstol NitelyDanko Whitfield
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

I did some checking to make sure the radio script in the jukebox wasn't broken. The script I use is opensource and is available for free at Marcat or at http://www.outworldz.com/cgi/freescripts.plx?ID=902. It's the Ferd Frederix Top Radio Stations Player Script and it still works for me. There are stations that don't come up. Those may be broken links, stations that shut down, stations that aren't on 24/7, or something entirely different. In any case, I understand it can be frustrating to try to set up a radio when you don't know which stations work. There are 32 pages of radio station categories with nine categories on each page. Each of those categories offers stations to choose from. I checked each category on the first four pages. Most of the stations had at least a few stations that worked. ALT Country and Ambient only had one. The only category I found that had all stations working was Big Band on page five. That would probably be the best one to use for setting up the radio because then you know it's not the station, it's something else.

I tested it on four of my worlds and it worked on all of them. There was a some lag when changing stations later in the day on Marcat. Not sure why it didn't work as well there as the other worlds I visited. Maybe because it's an advanced megaregion?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Marstol,

Streaming is done directly from the station to your viewer so it doesn't really matter how the world is configured as long as it passes the correct media URL to the viewer (which our Advanced Megaregions do). Problem is that there is a short delay between entering a region until that info is passed to the viewer, this isn't megaregion-specific.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Marstol Nitely
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Thanks Ilan. Good to know.
Serene Jewell

Post by Serene Jewell »

Nice list, Danko. Thanks!
These users thanked the author Serene Jewell for the post:
Danko Whitfield