pmac - ossl works in kitely?

Creating scripts
Spax Zorin

Re: pmac - ossl works in kitely?

Post by Spax Zorin »

I will confirm that I have given Chris permission to use my demo PMAC tester. If you are unable to offer it through the market, you can give copies of it away inworld... Otherwise, you may need to duplicate the scripts and all assets to show you as the creator... The demo PMAC tester is Full Perm. Anyone is free to use it as long as it remains FP and open source.
These users thanked the author Spax Zorin for the post (total 2):
Chris NamasteSelby Evans
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

thx spac, yes, i did that,all fullperm
ill copy them as u say, and try that, oki

yes open source so i let it os as well, for pple to pass on maybe (with y name as creator - as contribution)

inworld i dont own land, so i would have,to ask shopowners where i have shops
i really dont wanna but pple 'more', i already asked to test the pmac, and all went fine in kitely

thankyou for trying to help,its much appreciated
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Spax Zorin

Post by Spax Zorin »

Message me inworld if you have problems setting up your own demo prim and I will share with you my PMAC cheat sheet... the setup is straightforward and easy to understand.

EDIT: I could make a SEPARATE PMAC tester which can be offered at the 10L-Demo tier and then anyone can provide a link to that in their product descriptions.... This demo would fall in the GENERAL rating so anyone would be able to view it if adult filters are disabled.
These users thanked the author Spax Zorin for the post (total 3):
Chris NamasteIlan TochnerSelby Evans
Loona Lagoona
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Loona Lagoona »

I have items with PMAC and NPCs made by me in other grids and would like to sell them in the Marketplace. I don't own land so i work and set up on the Merchants sandbox. But my PMAC items don't work there. I took also the demo mentioned in this thread and that also doesn't work there. I sit on it and if i click again i am told that i must sit on it. But I do sit on it.. So nothing with PMAC works on the Merchants sandbox.

Therefore I must ask the admin if there is another sandbox where PMAC works and if not, shouldn't there be such a sandbox? How are merchants supposed to test and work on their PMAC items in Kitely?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Loona,

Please check if you're getting any scripting errors. Those may exist because of your lack of scripting permissions in Kitely worlds or parcels that you don't own. See: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... functions/
Loona Lagoona

Post by Loona Lagoona »

I don't get any script errors. The items with PMAC and NPCs simply don't work in Merchants sandbox. I use PMAC version 2.5 which can be used with NPCs only without the owner sitting on the item first. So I rez the item i even restart the scripts, i click it, go to Options > Add NPC i select an NPC , click it.. nothing happens, NPC doesnt appear.

If i sit myself first I should automatically play the first animation from the menu set in configuration as default. but i play no animation, i look as if i sit on a not scripted not animated "Box".

I guess you will now say ooooo you should use the old version 2 of PMAC: i did that too using the demo offered in this thread. On that one i must sit first. I sit. I am told in chat that i must sit. But i am siting..i click the item, i am told again that i must sit. but I am sitting. I stand up and sit again , i am told that i must sit..

As far as i can see PMAC and NPCs simply don't work in the Merchants sandbox. And i must repeat my questions : WHY NOT? And where can a merchant without land work on PMAC items with NPCs?

I was also in another sandbox where the owner had NPCs for sale. But there it also didn't work. So I asked him what's the problem with NPCs and his answer was: "NPCs only work in a region for the estate owner and estate managers. This is standard opensim."

Now, OK it is clear to me that Kitely is the Champion of limitations among all grids so it is most probable that the use of PMAC and NPCs in Kitely is also limited (if at all possible). But your Marketplace delivers also to the other grids where in most cases there are no such limitations. I made my PMAC items in other grids, I can put them on Marketplace with export permissions to be sold in other grids if Kitely has a problem with NPCs. But i must at least be able to TEST them here before i put them on MP. I know they work in other grids but i can not put them there just blind without testing them here. So the question remains: WHERE CAN I TEST MY PMAC ITEMS ?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Loona,

You can test the item by delivering it to other grids to verify that it works in places that use lower script security settings. Alternatively, you can test it in your own Kitely world or give a copy to someone that has their own Kitely world and ask them to rezzed the item in that world.
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Not an expert but I have some PMAC animated garden furniture from Encantada on the hypergrid. Works fine as far as I, an owner, can tell.
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Loona Lagoona

Post by Loona Lagoona »

How can i deliver it to other grids to test it there?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Loona,

See: https://kitely.atlassian.net/wiki/space ... ther+Grids

You can list the item for KC, buy it from yourself then issue yourself a refund.