pmac - ossl works in kitely?

Creating scripts
Chris Namaste

pmac - ossl works in kitely?

Post by Chris Namaste »

hi :),
- about : a beachtowel pmac (free anims from aine caoimhe) which are so wonderful. i made textures & flyers for creating a beautiful product;
- with my goal to bring them to kitely market, so i was making the anims 'copy' and the script i left 'fullperm' - the core script - in each towel to sell in market.
- in 2 sandboxes & in shop i tried where other anims worked before (i never tried pmac here), is it in kitely not allowed an OSSL function or what does this mean please?
in Dynamic ive tested it & world all worked fine, thankyou
this is the error it gives & the anims dont work :

[13:41] System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.Shared.ScriptException: OSSL Runtime Error: osAvatarPlayAnimation permission denied. Script creator is not in the list of users allowed to execute this function and prim owner also has no permission.
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod.InternalInvoke(System.Reflection.MonoMethod,object,object[],System.Exception&)
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x0006a] in <6649516e5b3542319fb262b421af0adb>:0
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00083] in
These users thanked the author Chris Namaste for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Ilan Tochner

Re: pmac - ossl works in kitely?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Chris,

Kitely supports OSSL, see: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... functions/

OSSL functions are divided into groups with different usage permissions based on the script's Owner and that owner's relationship to where (parcel/region) the scripts are used. Some OSSL functions are allowed for everyone, some are allowed only to the parcel owner and some are allowed only to the world manager.

The OSSL error message you got stated that "osAvatarPlayAnimation permission denied. Script creator is not in the list of users allowed to execute this function and prim owner also has no permission." osAvatarPlayAnimation is one of the functions that can only be used by the world manager of the world where that function is called. You got this error message because you aren't the world manager of the locations where you tried to use this script and therefore don't have permission to call the osAvatarPlayAnimation function in those places.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Selby EvansChris Namaste
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

thanku ilan,
in kitely sandbox its refused as well(same error), means we never,can test it in the kitely sandbox?
in the shop where i tested it,ill contact owner,since they use pmac,
to ask if i may do that there.
since there are items for sale in kitely market, that means its on pple's their own sim than?
anyway, trying to find solution :)
would it be possible,that we,kitely citicens, aer allowed to test pmac in kitely merchant sandbox?
thankyou :)
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Chris,

As explained in the blog post, one of the functions included in your script is only allowed to be used by the avatar that is the world manager of the regions where the script is run. This means that you will only be able to use this script in a world which belongs to your own Kitely account.
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

thakns for that ilan,

that i didnt 'got' :s (did not understand)
so one needs his own land or cannot use pmac in kitely :'(
since so many customers love this system of aine (no poseballs)

why is that system 'not allowed' (to say it that way), since hgridders cannot come over to kitely sandbox, is there a reason, i just dont get it why

the products in kitely market, i looked them up, the seller-creator never mentions it will not work in kitely when customer is not owner of land (i hope i understood all good since scripting is sooo not my thingee), i donno :s

kitely land is too xpensive for me, sadly,
thankyou,
christa
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Chris,

OSSL functions are divided into groups based on how dangerous they are / how easy they are to abuse to cause griefing. This danger level is called the function's "Threat Level".

Some functions, like osAvatarPlayAnimation, have a very high Threat Level because they can be very easily used to cause a lot of grief to other people. See: http://opensimulator.org/wiki/OsAvatarPlayAnimation

This is why we only allow such functions to be used by scripts that are owned by the world's manager, which is the person who is responsible for everything that happens in their world. We permit the world manager to use such dangerous functions in order to allow people to make full use of what OpenSim provides. However, we don't allow people to use such functions in other people's worlds as that could easily create many problems for the world owner and the people who visit their world.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Chris NamasteAdira Quirina
Spax Zorin

Post by Spax Zorin »

I concur with what has been stated my Mr Tochner. I will always advise that grid operators allow OSSL functions (osslEnable.ini) for region managers and estate owners ONLY. This way they can run their simulators at VERY LOW threat levels in opensim.ini - it is like having your cake and eating it too! Visitors CAN use PMAC if the furniture on that region is OWNED by the land owner or estate manager, much like the Paramour dance globes everyone has.

I am chiming in on this one in response to the OP sending me an IM inworld and directing me here.

I develop PMAC powered devices outside of Kitely, but my experience has shown that PMAC work very well here.
These users thanked the author Spax Zorin for the post (total 4):
Chris NamasteIlan TochnerSelby EvansAdira Quirina
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

thankyou very much ilan

and thank you for adding & responding in im Spax

safety is indeed suuuper delicate, now i (finally ;) ) see the whole picture, thankyou's so much,christa
Ilan Tochner
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

advice plz?

thanks to spax zorin from simgear i've received a fullperm 'demo' tester for pmac, to ensure my customers they can use it,
i always give demo's (anywhere i can with all i can since i only sell what i would buy : quality & good items)

so ive been continuing at the beach towels & added the demo... that kitely market refuses :'(
how come, the same demo is not working? :'(
i just wish my customers only buy when they can use it (ossl-pmac).
i could sell them without demo, i asked a friendly simowner to test them, all went good
now what to do, sell without demo?
christa
url of printscreen : https://i.gyazo.com/67ca6b570f09029e258 ... 7b2a6b.png
Selby Evans
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

https://www.kitely.com/market/product/5 ... -30-unisex

this is what i came up with as solution,
i put ALL info in text for customers 'warning for pmac-scripts) & refer them to demo of simgear, for now i guess thats all i can do? link above fyi