ISO Trigger script fpr Animesh

Creating scripts
Kim McCabe

ISO Trigger script fpr Animesh

Post by Kim McCabe »

Anyone working with animesh and are you using a trigger script to start them? Is there a way to trigger them when an avatar is nearby?
These users thanked the author Kim McCabe for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Graham Mills

Re: ISO Trigger script fpr Animesh

Post by Graham Mills »

Not actively using it but there was a thread with some basic code a while back.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5398&p=27128#p27128

which was subsequently incorporated into a more extensive demo.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=5437

This was using llSensor to detect box prims but animesh avatar detection also used in an infection model (to detect and react to infected animesh). The main issue I recall was figuring out a simple way of denoting transmission/infection -- ultimately used particle emission which probably doesn't scale very well. Haven't used llSensor for user avatar detection but assume it would work much the same.
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Kim McCabe

Post by Kim McCabe »

Graham Mills wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:56 am

This was using llSensor to detect box prims but animesh avatar detection also used in an infection model (to detect and react to infected animesh). The main issue I recall was figuring out a simple way of denoting transmission/infection -- ultimately used particle emission which probably doesn't scale very well. Haven't used llSensor for user avatar detection but assume it would work much the same.
Thanks Graham for the reply. I've been creating a 4 sim fan world based on the 9 seasons of American Horror Story. I have created all of the mesh characters. I was using them to make NPC's, the NPC script I 'm using is triggered when an avatar is nearby. But I then read in the forums that it would be better if we make animesh instead of using NPC's. My animesh is working nonstop though. The last thing I want after all is said and done is a laggy land which causes an unenjoyable visit.
These users thanked the author Kim McCabe for the post:
Chris Namaste
John Mela

Post by John Mela »

Yes, llSensor and llSensorRepeat can be set to be triggered specifically by avatars ("agents") instead of by objects.

You can do this by setting "type" to be AGENT. Details here.
These users thanked the author John Mela for the post (total 3):
Graham MillsKim McCabeChris Namaste
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Kim McCabe wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:21 pm
Graham Mills wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:56 am

Thanks Graham for the reply. I've been creating a 4 sim fan world based on the 9 seasons of American Horror Story. I have created all of the mesh characters. I was using them to make NPC's, the NPC script I 'm using is triggered when an avatar is nearby. But I then read in the forums that it would be better if we make animesh instead of using NPC's. My animesh is working nonstop though. The last thing I want after all is said and done is a laggy land which causes an unenjoyable visit.
I have the (admittedly largely subjective) impression that animesh is less laggy if significant numbers are required.
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post:
Ilan Tochner