Problem with door scripts

Creating scripts
Kenneth Tait

Problem with door scripts

Post by Kenneth Tait »

I have tried maybe half dozen door scripts. Ones which I have downloaded from online and a few that I have collected from Kitely. In all cases for most of the time the door will open and close just fine, but a fairly high percentage of the time the door prim will shift to another position. It will carry on working but again given enough opening and closing it will shift again, I really do not fancy spending my life repositioning the doors :)

So far I have been using a door and a prim hinge. I have not tried the one prim door scripts yet.
These users thanked the author Kenneth Tait for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
Kenneth Tait

Re: Problem with door scripts

Post by Kenneth Tait »

I seem to have sorted the problem out. If I position the door and then reset the script before I start using it, all seems to be well. Maybe it has been bad practice of mine not to do this, but its not mattered in previous grids. All that matters is that the problem seems to be solved. As is my sanity! :D
These users thanked the author Kenneth Tait for the post:
Selby Evans
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
Krull Kitty

Re: Problem with door scripts

Post by Krull Kitty »

If the script is modable place the following code - " llResetScript(); " inside the "State_Entry()" block;

State Entry occurs when the script starts.

Code: Select all

state_entry()
{
 llResetScript();
}
Another option is to reset the script whenever a new iteration of the object is rezzed in world;

On-Rez occurs once the object with the script is rezzed from inventory.

Code: Select all

on_rez(integer startParam)
    {
        llResetScript();
    }