how to purchase scripted animal

Creating scripts
Plymouth State

how to purchase scripted animal

Post by Plymouth State »

Hello, I am in a situation where I need to get scripted animals primarily cows. I am a TA of a college Business law class and I am building a farm world where students get cows into the farm and end up having to many for one space and then they have to come up rules and regulations on how to make it so that does not happen. My question was does anyone have cow animal scripts and how can I add them into my world? the cows need to kill the grass in the area. anyone know how to help me?
These users thanked the author Plymouth State for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerAlexina Proctor
Trouble Ahead

Re: how to purchase scripted animal

Post by Trouble Ahead »

I have on my land the Satyr farm system that offers cows ( and other animals ). They roam and breed and get a piece of grass and water . If you forget the water the grass will die. The animals and scripts are for free and available at my world " Tessin " . At landing point please chose " satyr farm " teleporter.
The cows might not do what you want, but maybe your able to change the scripts for your purpose.
These users thanked the author Trouble Ahead for the post (total 2):
Graham MillsAlexina Proctor
Plymouth State

Post by Plymouth State »

Thank you so much for this! I was just wondering where do I find the scripts for the animals when I get to the farm I can't seem to find them. Hope to hear from you soon thanks for the help!
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

I had a quick peep. I think you need to take a copy of the prim with the hovertext "Get Package" (rightclick/Take Copy). Rez the prim on your own world and then drag the Animal Rezzer from the contents onto the land, touch the rezzer, choose Rez and SF Cow and a calf appears after a short delay. It's full perm so you can edit its main script which I assume is the one called "animal". It moves around a bit and moos. Status info appears as hovertext (thirst/hunger). Thanks to Trouble for drawing attention to this. Looks interesting!

There are full instructions at http://opensimworld.com/farm/5 (which I haven't read!).
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post:
Plymouth State
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

The original post indicated that the aim was to get students to devise regulations governing cow density, including impact on grass. A few further related thoughts.
  • These cows are phantom so they can overlap. By default they also vary randomly by breed and are rezzed individually calf-sized.
  • Even so, large numbers will likely cause lag so you are probably considering populating relatively small areas.
  • They appear to wander at random over an area approx 5 sq m. I suspect they show some directed behaviour towards the water trough (which needs to be adjacent to a wind pump).
  • By default they generate quite a lot of noise and text chat.
  • The grass feeder provided appears to vary by both consumption and watering. Cows also produce manure but whether that is factored in or used for fertiliser on plant growing areas is unclear (to me!) It wouldn't be too difficult to script a sensor that tracked cows and then modified grass textures depending on their dwell time.
  • The process of feeding and growing takes appreciable time. Presumably this is affected by world shut-down when not in use.
It may be that you would want to modify the current scripts to remove unwanted features.
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post:
Plymouth State