Light Scripts

Creating scripts
Daire NiMhurchu

Light Scripts

Post by Daire NiMhurchu »

I am looking for help with either finding or making a script for some lights

What I would like to do is have a prim set up as a light source, then be able to copy it and change the light colour from a single source.

So I am guessing first and foremost I need
1. A script that allows me select light source color from a menu
2. A script that allows me iterate the control of each prim when copied

If anyone has any pointers on this I would be most grateful

Thx Dee :)
These users thanked the author Daire NiMhurchu for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Krull Kitty

Re: Light Scripts

Post by Krull Kitty »

Hello Dee,

In the past I have created complex stage lighting in Second Life using region messages on specific channels
for each lighting element or a group of lighting elements.

When you say "Light source color" from a menu, Do you mean having a menu of color options that all lights
would change to simultaneously upon selection?

If so, this is a relatively simple application. When you Shift-Drag copy the first light, the script in that
light would also be copied, thus would also be on the same channel as the first, and so on and so forth.
Each light copied would then respond to the menu selection from the base controller.

This means you could literally copy out as many lights as you want and each light would respond to the
menu. This can be problematic because the more listeners you rez out with the script of each new light
would begin lagging the sim.
These users thanked the author Krull Kitty for the post:
Daire NiMhurchu
Daire NiMhurchu

Krull Kitty wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:58 am
Hello Dee,

In the past I have created complex stage lighting in Second Life using region messages on specific channels
for each lighting element or a group of lighting elements.

When you say "Light source color" from a menu, Do you mean having a menu of color options that all lights
would change to simultaneously upon selection?

If so, this is a relatively simple application. When you Shift-Drag copy the first light, the script in that
light would also be copied, thus would also be on the same channel as the first, and so on and so forth.
Each light copied would then respond to the menu selection from the base controller.

This means you could literally copy out as many lights as you want and each light would respond to the
menu. This can be problematic because the more listeners you rez out with the script of each new light
would begin lagging the sim.
Hi Krull,

Thank you for the response :)

Yes exactly, I want to create some prims to use as lights where I can change all of them to the same colour at once.
There won't be many of them

I have been playing with a script to change the colour of the light, but I am really clueless on how I iterate it to other prims.
Krull Kitty

Post by Krull Kitty »

Allow me some time to formulate a script for you. Friend me in world. :)
These users thanked the author Krull Kitty for the post (total 2):
Daire NiMhurchuIlan Tochner
Daire NiMhurchu

I just want to give a shout out to Krull Kitty who helped me today with my script.

He took the time to make the script and comment it enough that I could understand it and add some more features to it myself. Because of this I learned something new.

This is what I love about Kitely the most, being able to help each other with stuff, and learning new things :)

Thanks Krull
These users thanked the author Daire NiMhurchu for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerKrull KittyFrank SquirrelHerder