Creating scripts
Christine Nyn

Re: Arcadia's Scripts

Post by Christine Nyn »

Tess Juel wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:39 pm
Christine Nyn wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:56 pm
There are some Arcadia OARs available where the included scripts are sometimes incomplete or don't work for some reason. I'm particularly thinking of the Script Library OAR here.
Are you sure you're thinking of Aley/Arcadia and not Linda Kellie here? ...
Faulty memory I fear - I should check such stuff before leaping in :oops:

The OAR I was referring to (and lots more) is actually by Avia Bonne and can be found here:

https://www.outworldz.com/cgi/sculpt-sa ... ry-1X1.zip
These users thanked the author Christine Nyn for the post (total 2):
Tess JuelKoshari Mahana
Snoots Dwagon

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

Ilan wrote:You can't add an OAR file into a world without losing its contents as you can only replace the world with the contents of an OAR file.

Halloo. Not trying to stir the pot, but am curious about this because in Opensim one can do so using a one-line command:

load oar --merge --<displacement x,y,z> --force-terrain OarName.oar
~~~~~~~
I'm a dwagon in real life too. (Ask my sister, who totally agrees.)

~~~~~~~
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Snoots,

We don't support various OpenSim options, for various reasons. For example, merging OAR files into an existing world (instead of replacing its contents, which we do support) makes it easy for people to create worlds that contain way too many unique assets for them to start in a reasonable time. This is a similar issue to merging two Kitely worlds, which I discussed here: viewtopic.php?p=28510#p28510
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Tess JuelSnoots Dwagon
Koshari Mahana

Post by Koshari Mahana »

Ilan Tochner wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:40 am
Hi Koshari,

You can't add an OAR file into a world without losing its contents as you can only replace the world with the contents of an OAR file. You can, however, create a new Starter World, use that to upload the OAR files you want, then delete it once you're done. Since our prices are pro-rated based on the remaining number of days in the month, you'll be able to do this for less than the full price of a Starter World if you create it later in the month. Just make sure to delete that world before the month is over so you won't be charged its full price on the following month.
Ilan, Thanks! That's a good idea.
VISIT FOUR WINDS ON THE MARKET
VISIT FOUR WINDS INWORLD: hop://grid.kitely.com:8002/Coopersville/909/907/21
Salie Davis

Post by Salie Davis »

How are things going with your project? I have recently worked my own magic with some of these. I made two unique games by blowing things up. Come see my carnival and if you have anything that I could work with and you want to share I would really love it. I am happy to share my experiments.