Fiddling with the wind

Creating scripts
Allen Partridge

Fiddling with the wind

Post by Allen Partridge »

I've been tinkering with the wind - and with things in the wind and affected by the wind. It seems like that the default wind base wind_update_rate 50 in the ini file for the server is set to a default of 750? rather than the usual default 150. I'm wondering if my assumption about the update rate is correct. Also if anyone has any idea how the OSSL parameter #rateOfChange for osWindParamSet() differs from wind_update_rate on the server - i'd love to know. I'm guessing that if the update rate is set to 50 (1 second as 50 frames) then if #rate of change is set to some other value if it has the power to sample it less often or slow it. It definitely doesn't appear to have the power to increase it. Then again - none of the params in osWindParamSet seem to have range definitions, so it's difficult to know whether #rateOfChange is meant to be seconds or frames or something else.

Anyone else tinkered with the wind?

--Allen
Check out Virtually Human Builders Guides and Metaverse Ideas Center in Kitely: [url]hop://osgrid.kitely.com:8002/Virtually%20Human/119/31/23[/url] or visit my YouTube Channel to see what's happening in Virtual Worlds [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/virtuallyhuman/[/youtube]
Dundridge Dreadlow

Re: Fiddling with the wind

Post by Dundridge Dreadlow »

Unfortunately I've not had a reason to tinker with the wind yet :)
sorry
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PS. Kitely is awesome.
Allen Partridge

Thanks Dun
Check out Virtually Human Builders Guides and Metaverse Ideas Center in Kitely: [url]hop://osgrid.kitely.com:8002/Virtually%20Human/119/31/23[/url] or visit my YouTube Channel to see what's happening in Virtual Worlds [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/virtuallyhuman/[/youtube]
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Allen,

We didn't change the wind update rate, it's set to the default 150.
Allen Partridge

Thanks Ilan. I'll keep fiddling. Next stop - kill the NPC's and see if they're lagging the sim / slowing down the wind updates.

--Allen