2 Troubles - keeping scripted doors on house, and prevent double touch on doors

Creating scripts
Lunk Portal

2 Troubles - keeping scripted doors on house, and prevent double touch on doors

Post by Lunk Portal »

Greetings everyone. Quick intro. I'm new here, but have been using SecondLife and running my own personal sim for quite some time. I had to take a break about 10 or so years ago because I moved to the country with no real internet access to write my novels. Since then, I put high-speed lines in and returned to creating and building.

Since I have been out of the loop for a while, I am rusty. I am intrigued with Kitely and have a lot of questions about the service. After running my own server years ago, for the price, it seems like a great deal to let someone else host the sim.

Question 1
I cannot figure out how to keep the scripted doors where they belong. It seemed there was a way to keep the doors in the doorframe even if you moved the house? They are scripted to open and close with the primary as the hinge.

Is there a way to keep scripted objects in a certain location based on another objects location?

Question 2
My door scripts work great unless you click on the door before it completes its cycle.

How do you disable the touch while the door is opening or closing?

Thanks
These users thanked the author Lunk Portal for the post:
Ilan Tochner
B. A. Shields (Lunk Portal)
TatooineRP Region
TatooineRP Website
Kitely Market - Lunk's Loot
My Novels and other Projects
https://linktr.ee/bashields
Ilan Tochner

Re: 2 Troubles - keeping scripted doors on house, and prevent double touch on doors

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Bruce,

If you wrote the door script yourself then I suggest setting a boolean flag when the door is rotating and checking for that flag in your event handler for the door so it won't run your change door state code if that flag is set (don't forget to disable that flag once the door completes its movement).

As for your first question. While I can't vouch for this script's legality, you can look at how it rotates a door that is linked: https://www.outworldz.com/cgi/freescripts.plx?ID=894
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Lunk Portal
Lunk Portal

Re: 2 Troubles - keeping scripted doors on house, and prevent double touch on doors

Post by Lunk Portal »

Ilan Tochner wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:34 pm
Hi Bruce,

If you wrote the door script yourself then I suggest setting a boolean flag when the door is rotating and checking for that flag in your event handler for the door so it won't run your change door state code if that flag is set (don't forget to disable that flag once the door completes its movement).

As for your first question. While I can't vouch for this script's legality, you can look at how it rotates a door that is linked: https://www.outworldz.com/cgi/freescripts.plx?ID=894
Yes...integer was the ticket!

A simple integer iTouched; and an if ( iTouched) check with TRUE opening the door and playing the sounds, then after setting iTouched to FALSE again worked perfectly!

Now I just have to work on the doors staying attached to the ship, but still capable of opening :D Thank You.
These users thanked the author Lunk Portal for the post:
Ilan Tochner
B. A. Shields (Lunk Portal)
TatooineRP Region
TatooineRP Website
Kitely Market - Lunk's Loot
My Novels and other Projects
https://linktr.ee/bashields
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

disclaimer: i ain't no super scripter..
but depending on your specific application might
llSetPrimitiveParams
be useful to you for opening/closing doors & portals while leaving such attached?
These users thanked the author Shandon Loring for the post (total 2):
Lunk PortalIlan Tochner