osNpcSay not working?

Creating scripts
Ilan Tochner

Re: osNpcSay not working?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi John,

Why would you want to use that option in Kitely? You have better access controls in the Access tab of that world's Manage World dialog.
John Mela

Post by John Mela »

I don't need to use that option, but I'm developing an NPCs system for RezMela, and in the future our users might disable it accidentally or through misunderstanding and cause the issue, leading to support requests that could cost both RezMela and Kitely time and effort. Also, having NPCs say things in nearby chat is a common thing anyway.

So I'm reporting the issue here in order to at least bring attention to it. In particular, I don't want anyone else to have to spend hours of investigation trying to find out why this is happening and how to stop it.

Once I knew what's causing the issue, I could fix my region and continue development, so it's no longer a show-stopper from RezMela's point of view. :)
These users thanked the author John Mela for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerGraham Mills
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you John,

We're not going to change this particular OpenSim behavior at this time as we're not sure what prompted it (it may be by design for all I know). Please file this as a Mantis report so OpenSim devs will be able to address it if it's a bug or at least provide some insight as to why it was designed this way if it's not.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
John Mela