Linking a vendor to Kitely Market

Creating scripts
Christine Nyn

Linking a vendor to Kitely Market

Post by Christine Nyn »

I had a query which I have no good answer for, so I'm asking if anyone can shed any light on what may be possible here...
I heard there are ways to do vendors so that they link to your Kitely listing. Is that just the vendor sending out a url on a blue dialog box so they can log in on their browser?
It would certainly be a neat idea if an owner's vendors could automatically stay in step with their Kitely Market offerings.
These users thanked the author Christine Nyn for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerAda Radius
Ilan Tochner

Re: Linking a vendor to Kitely Market

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Christine,

Please visit the Merchants Showcase area of Kitely Welcome Center, it uses a system we developed that automatically displays products from Kitely Market stores and links to them so that you can click a product image and it will offer to open that listing in your browser so you'll be able to add it to your Kitely Market shopping cart. This system isn't for sale but it wasn't very hard to develop and I'm sure you'll be able to program one of your own that does the same.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Christine Nyn
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

Yes, a simple URL pointer script will do it. Nice pic, URL of the marketplace listing, script in the prim or animesh or whatever, done.
There's one around somewhere that that reads the URL from the description line - I don't have it handy right now but any good scripter can make one in a few seconds (cuz I watched one do it lol).
The other handy thing is we can take these vendors anywhere in the OpenSim grids and they work. Festivals, OSCC display, shops in other grids, it's all good. If your item is exportable, that is.
These users thanked the author Ada Radius for the post:
Christine Nyn
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

Found it. Sodovan Torok wrote this, aka Iain McCracken in Kitely - send yer tips to him :)

//2015-02-19 14:23:01 lsl2 script Sodovan Torok

string gsURL;

default {
state_entry() {
gsURL = llStringTrim(llGetObjectDesc(), STRING_TRIM);
}

on_rez(integer parm) {
llResetScript();
}

touch_end(integer num_detected) {
llLoadURL(llDetectedKey(0), "", gsURL);
}