We have a new Kitely Welcome Center, come and see!

Provide feedback, criticism or praise about Kitely, or suggest new features
Ilan Tochner

We have a new Kitely Welcome Center, come and see!

Post by Ilan Tochner »

An important part of the Kitely experience is the Kitely Welcome Center. This world is the main entry point to our grid, and it serves to introduce new users to the wide range of services and destinations available in Kitely.

We are happy to announce that today we rolled out a new and improved version of the Kitely Welcome Center. This updated version was created from scratch, with the goal of retaining the spirit of the previous welcome center while improving its usability and performance.

https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... me-center/

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

If you have any existing landmarks for Kitely Welcome Center then they will no longer work, because this new world replaced the previous one. Please visit the new Kitely Welcome Center by using its world page or its Hypergrid address (grid.kitely.com:8002:Kitely Welcome Center), and create new landmarks to replace your outdated ones.

Likewise, if you’ve previously set the Kitely Welcome Center as your Home in the viewer, then enter the new Kitely Welcome Center and reset your Home to the new world.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Constance PeregrineOzwell Wayfarer
Selby Evans

Re: We have a new Kitely Welcome Center, come and see!

Post by Selby Evans »

I could not set home to the new KWC. That probably needs a change in the About Land settings. You really want people to set home there, because people can go there to read IMs or to go HG. That does not require a region start from AWS.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

You only get that option in the viewer if the land belongs to you or you belong to the group to which the world is set. I therefore set the new Kitely Welcome Center to the Kitely Community group to enable as many people as possible to set it as their home. Please check to see that this works for you now.
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

I just tried to set home to the new KWC, Got message not allowed. 12.07 noon grid time.
I also tested the House graphic on firestorm (64bit). It takes me to the old KWC.
I checked the box for giving starter pack. On Click, it gives nothing. I can take a copy, wear that, and see the contents. but that is not what you want.
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Starter pack was OK for me but I could not set home despite being in Kitely Community group. The first option on the viewer login got me to the new KWC just fine. Great build and spot-on for History Month :)
Selby Evans wrote:I just tried to set home to the new KWC, Got message not allowed. 12.07 noon grid time.
I also tested the House graphic on firestorm (64bit). It takes me to the old KWC.
I checked the box for giving starter pack. On Click, it gives nothing. I can take a copy, wear that, and see the contents. but that is not what you want.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Just an update for those who weren't inworld when I met Graham. Everyone except the people who are Moderators of the Kitely Community group should be able to Set home in the new Kitely Welcome Center. People who are Moderators and want to set home in the new Kitely Welcome Center should remove the Moderator role from their avatar, set home then add that role back (contact me if you encounter problems during this process).
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

On retest at 5 pm (grid) I was able to set home and get the contents of the Starter Pack,
These users thanked the author Selby Evans for the post:
Graham Mills
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Ok, thank you, I set my home there.

I tell ya, this is the most lag free but well filled out region I think I have ever been in.

The Weeping Willow 2 - Pale Green at the landing point needs to be set to phantom...my pet peeve getting caught up in trees or foliage.
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerOzwell Wayfarer
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you Constance, the weeping widow in the landing spot is located in the old Kitely Welcome Center. Are you referring to one in the new Kitely Welcome Center? If so, can you please give me more specific coordinates for it?
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Ilan Tochner wrote:Thank you Constance, the weeping widow in the landing spot is located in the old Kitely Welcome Center. Are you referring to one in the new Kitely Welcome Center? If so, can you please give me more specific coordinates for it?
hmmmph, I don't know how that happened. Just chalk it up to my confused state of being lol
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...