animeshing

Creating animations
Helena Galani

animeshing

Post by Helena Galani »

Hello. I am taking initiative to contact you about animeshing objects in Kitely. I need a little more information on what type of objects can be animeshed by using OS script. I have managed to animate some mesh objects using OS script available but this process does not work with every mesh object or avatar. With most mesh objects in my inventory, I have been unsuccessful. What types of qualities do objects need to possess, besides mesh, in order to animate? And what settings do I need to change to this end?

I would appreciate your advice.
Thanking you for your time.

Kind regards,
Helena
These users thanked the author Helena Galani for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerAda Radius
Kimm Starr

Re: animeshing

Post by Kimm Starr »

Hi Helena, any mesh item that is rigged with an armature can be animated. I use different programs to rig my mesh items. One of the programs I use is a Blender add on called Bento Buddy that is available for sale on the Second Life Marketplace. There are others, but I find Bento Buddy to be the most efficient. They also offer a ton of how to videos on YouTube. I'm an Artist in the real world and have a lot of programs that I have accumulated throughout the years that happen to work great now with open sim, but only in unison with Bento Buddy. I'm obsessed with Animesh and think we need a whole lot more here in Kitely. I love the story telling capability it gives me. You can even rig curtains and flags these days. I recently spoke with a guy who rigged a Viking ships oar system. I would suggest checking out the Bento Buddy You Tube channel. Take a look at some of the videos and see if it's something you can get into. I don't know what your skill level is, so it's hard to say if it would be for you. My Animesh capabilities were a direct result of the pandemic. I was home, bored and alone, so I had a lot of time to figure it out. I'm more than happy to meet up in world and chat with you.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWiAqP ... MVA/videos

Here is one of my worlds, it's a work in progress, so excuse it. Tons of animesh vignettes.
grid.kitely.com:8002:Holidaze
These users thanked the author Kimm Starr for the post (total 5):
Ilan TochnerGraham MillsAda RadiusHelena GalaniKoshari Mahana
I'm obsessed with Animesh and soon you will be too!
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

What Kimm said. It's taking me a while to get through Bin Bash's videos for Bento Buddy, which he calls more a work in process than something that will ever be finished, and I'm already a fan. Very important: join the Discord channel, there's a subchannel for dumb questions, of which I've had several. BB is not easy to learn, because rigging and skinning and Blender are not easy to learn, for most. But worth it and fun. :D
Kimm Starr wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:08 pm
Hi Helena, any mesh item that is rigged with an armature can be animated.
These users thanked the author Ada Radius for the post (total 4):
Ilan TochnerGusher CastaignedeKimm StarrHelena Galani
Helena Galani

Post by Helena Galani »

[/I'm more than happy to meet up in world and chat with you][/join the Discord channel]

Hello Ada and Kimm and thank you for your prompt responses!

Kimm, thank you for suggesting having a chat in-world. Series of videos can be daunting, as Ada suggests, so please let me know when you have some spare time for tips and guidance. I would highly appreciate it.

Ada, is there an address for the Discord Channel. I'm sure I have a set of questions to contribute there. :)

Thanking you for your time,
Helena
These users thanked the author Helena Galani for the post:
Ada Radius
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

Bento Buddy Discord: https://discord.com/channels/6703106130 ... 5718826015 and I think I got the invite when I registered the software. But that was some months ago and he's changed a lot since - website, updates, documentation.
Gusher Castaignede

Post by Gusher Castaignede »

He did change alot, and also the license, seems he switched it to AGPL LICENSE...
am guessing bento buddy is now free?
"lnteractivity, Variety, Ease of Use"
Visit my store at Country Manor