Sounds longer than 10 seconds?

Creating sounds and music
Kurtis Anatine

Re: Sounds longer than 10 seconds?

Post by Kurtis Anatine »

I don't know if this is just me being in Australia but i have noticed that i don't even have sounds playing that hit the 30 second or more mark for me. Unless they are played a few times. I always thought the smaller files might have been simply bandwidth related.
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Kurtis Anatine wrote:I don't know if this is just me being in Australia but i have noticed that i don't even have sounds playing that hit the 30 second or more mark for me. Unless they are played a few times. I always thought the smaller files might have been simply bandwidth related.
Hi Kurtis,

The latest Alchemy viewer now uploads up to 1 minute, firestorm's will be in their next release. I used Alchemy just yesterday as I am working on some ambient sounds for my new build.

As it is, firestorm does hear them...I don't know about other viewers. regards
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

Thanks, just saw this, great work on this!
I don't think it was griefing, as griefers have certainly found plenty of ways to bother people with 10 second sound files, including chopping Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" into little 10 second bits and scripting the Rick Roller device to play them all in sequence.
I do believe it was a copyright issue, as a ten second sample of a copyrighted song of normal length could fall under the "sampling" fair use loophole in IP law, regardless of the fact that you can simply chop a song into 30x10 second bits to play the whole thing. This said, you should avoid uploading minute long sound files that you do not have a license to use, or if you do, and you are not the creator, that you not resell it.
These users thanked the author Mike Lorrey for the post (total 2):
Constance Peregrinejoline wolfgram