my own music stream

Creating sounds and music
senga lesley

my own music stream

Post by senga lesley »

I would really like to set up my own music stream in our world, New Eden, where I can add music to listen to, not just listen to other radio stations, but I have no idea how to go about it.
I had a friend who used Winamp with Shoutcast as a plugin on SL, for which he paid a smallish monthly fee. Is there anything similar in Kitely, and if so, I’d be very grateful if someone could talk me thru it.
These users thanked the author senga lesley for the post (total 4):
Ilan TochnerSnoots DwagonTess JuelKimm Starr
olivia moon
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: my own music stream

Post by olivia moon »

It's cool to listen to music, but there comes a time when, as a listener, you feel an itch. You want to control things. You want to start making music too. But it's not really easy, is it? Change roles and become the one in control of the music. I'm talking from my own experience as a guy who tried to do this once and created this damn thing. And I found free royalty sound effects on the internet that help me enormously when I want to do a song or a drink.
Last edited by olivia moon on Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angelic ronin

Post by angelic ronin »

If you use win amp on Kitely it works well just need to go SL to get stream from Sounds Turner for a small fee per week, I use it as I DJ and am a sim owner with 2 other Djs
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

A super simple way is to use:
http://www.listen2myradio.com/

You can get a free stream of up to 2GB of storage and 5,000 listeners.
Then you upload your music/soundfiles to your personal storage space on their server and you're good to go.
That's a lot of music!
You will get a URL that you can drop into the Land Stream info box.

We use it at various places throughout our Estates for Live Story Listening Rooms
Caveat: You will want to be sure you use it and have listeners occasionally or they may reclaim it from you.

You would only need to use Winamp w/Shoutcast plugin if you want to do Live, like talking into a microphone, or streaming live selections from your PC, like if you're taking requests at a dance or something.

If you prefer no caveats, for a small fee, as Angelic says you can get a land stream in SL that works in Opensim as well as SL, or even TuneIn Radio app on your phone or wherever.

We have been using digiSTREAM for YEARRSS
run by avatar West Habercom (stellar support)
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/D ... h/14/95/22
1GB/30 listeners $1500L or $6USD per month

I hope this helps.
These users thanked the author Shandon Loring for the post (total 4):
Graham MillsTess JuelSelby EvansLunk Portal