Multiple Avatars

Creating avatar shapes, hair, skin, eyes, etc.
Syn Thia

Multiple Avatars

Post by Syn Thia »

Silly question maybe..can one account have multiple avatars? I can't find a way to create one with having to open a new account.

Thanks,
Syn
These users thanked the author Syn Thia for the post:
Hypatia Emerson
Ilan Tochner

Re: Multiple Avatars

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Syn,

Each Kitely account has one OpenSim user (avatar). You can rename it in your account Settings page but if you want to have multiple avatars at the same time then you'll need to create one Kitely account for each avatar.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 3):
Hypatia EmersonSyn ThiaMichael Timeless
Syn Thia

Post by Syn Thia »

Thank you, Ilan. Please bear with....Clarification: 'one Kitely account for each avatar' ..in SL, InWorldz..you did have to create an account for the av but there was no purchase required. I guess my question was poorly phrased. I understand changing the name but..the other av would be used to interact with the primary av. Two avs in world at the same time. I do a bit of writing and using them to see things from different perspectives is very helpful for creative reasons. Hard to explain. Anyway..the only way I can see to do it is to create the account and pay another $20 or so for the land. The land I have is more than enough...believe me! :D It's huge! If there is not a way to do this just now, might it be something considered at a future date?
These users thanked the author Syn Thia for the post:
Hypatia Emerson
Hypatia Emerson

Post by Hypatia Emerson »

You can have more than one avatar online and in your world (land) at a time. Are you having trouble with the second avatar getting to the world? That could be a problem with your settings.
It is not required though that you buy land when you sign up. It is actually not offered until after you verify your email.
These users thanked the author Hypatia Emerson for the post (total 4):
Michael TimelessIlan TochnerSyn ThiaDot Matrix
Full Moon Mesh is available in Kitely Marketplace and soon coming to a shop near you!
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Syn,

As Hypatia correctly stated, you can create as many Kitely accounts as you want for free and you can configure your world(s) to allow those avatars to be in those same world(s) at the same time. We don't charge for having a Kitely account, only for getting a world.

To configure your world's access controls, go to your My Worlds page and click the Manage link of the world you wish to configure. This will open that world's Manage World dialog. In that dialog switch to the Access tab, set the access settings that you want and click the Save button.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 3):
Hypatia EmersonChris NamasteSyn Thia
Ro Whitesong
Has thanked: 0

Post by Ro Whitesong »

Thanks so much, Hypatia and Ilan. Appreciate all the great help! For some reason I couldn't reason past the buying another world part. You guys cleared the fog. Got my boy in!! Thanks again :)
These users thanked the author Ro Whitesong for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerHypatia Emerson