Who Shows as CREATOR of Skins, Shapes, Eyes

Creating avatar shapes, hair, skin, eyes, etc.
Sierra Jakob

Who Shows as CREATOR of Skins, Shapes, Eyes

Post by Sierra Jakob »

Every skin I have created is showing with another person as the creator under properties! What the heck is going on! I am the creator of all of the textures--each texture shows me as the creator under properties. And yet, when consolidated into a skin--it shows someone else! Can anyone help me to remedy this? :!:
Last edited by Sierra Jakob on Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Garden Castle - Market & Demo Info: http://www.kitely.com/market/product/42 ... ob-Designs
Ilan Tochner

Re: Help! Skins Gone Wild!

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Sierra,

How did you get them into Kitely? Did you import them via OAR file?
Sierra Jakob

Post by Sierra Jakob »

No no! I just imported Textures I made in AI.
I just made a totally blank skin in-world--using the inworld texture button for "blank". and it still attributes the skin to this other individual!

Ok, I have just determined that it is assigning creatorship of the skin to whatever the creator of the skin was when I first started editing. So if I did not create the skin I had on originally, then I can never be the creator of any skin, it seems
Garden Castle - Market & Demo Info: http://www.kitely.com/market/product/42 ... ob-Designs
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Just an update for the forums, Oren went inworld to assist Sierra.
Oren Hurvitz

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

In case anyone else encounters this problem: you can create a skin where you're listed as the Creator by right-clicking on any folder and choosing "New Body Parts > New Skin".
These users thanked the author Oren Hurvitz for the post (total 2):
Sierra JakobConstance Peregrine
Sierra Jakob

Post by Sierra Jakob »

Oren came by my home region and helped me out. So for anyone who is interested, here is the answer. To create a new skin with you as the creator...

WHAT NOT TO DO
DO NOT wear a skin created by someone else and then edit your appearance by right clicking on your AV! Even if you replace ALL of the skin textures, you will not be shown as the creator!

WHAT TO DO
Instead, just open your inventory, find the folder labeled "Body Parts", right click it, select "New Body Parts" > "New Skin". This skin will show properties with you as the creator. You can put it on and edit it under appearance, change the textures etc.

Thanks Oren!
These users thanked the author Sierra Jakob for the post:
Constance Peregrine