Unnatural Avatar Movement

Creating avatar shapes, hair, skin, eyes, etc.
JeanBaptiste Eilde
Has thanked: 0

Unnatural Avatar Movement

Post by JeanBaptiste Eilde »

I have been active in Second Life since 2007 and I have been in Kitely since February 2013, according to Kitely records. I'd have sworn it was longer. I currently have my original stand alone sim and a 3x3 mega region. Unfortunately, I still spend the vast majority of my time in SL.

One of the primary reasons I have been slow to transition to Kitely is that my avatar movement feels awkward and unnatural. In SL avatar movement is fluid and there is a sense of momentum. When I stop moving in SL there is a brief period of deceleration, as in RL. In Kitely, I stop abruptly. In SL, if I am walking or running forward and I jump, the jump moves forward in an arc. This is handy for jumping over low obstacles and, of course, feels more "real". In Kitely, I seem to jump straight up and right back down to my original position. And movement of my Kitely avatar does not feel fluid at all. It's very mechanical looking/feeling.

Using the one AO I have been able to find actually makes things worse. There is a jump cut in the animation so that I walk, and run, as if I have a club foot.

Is this typical of all avatars in Kitely, or am I doing something wrong, or is there a setting I can change to improve avatar movement?

If this is common to all Kitely avatars, is there any work going on, or planned, to make avatar movement more natural, as in SL?
Constance Peregrine

Re: Unnatural Avatar Movement

Post by Constance Peregrine »

I can't answer to all that, but as to AO's Kitely does need some on the MP for sure. I know Vista is in OS at least if someone wants to get in touch with them in SL. Their basic one is actually very nice.
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...