Bent feet

Creating avatar shapes, hair, skin, eyes, etc.
Donna Eason

Bent feet

Post by Donna Eason »

Hi all,
My avatar's feet are bent to the left. Also, several of my students are missing one foot or both. How can I fix this?

THanks!
Ilan Tochner

Re: Bent feet

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Donna,

Hidden feet can be a result of wearing an attachment that hides your avatar feet (the name of the item in your inventory may include the word "alpha"). In Firestorm, point at your avatar, right click it to open the round popup menu and select Take Off, Detach and then the name of the leg that is hidden. This will remove this alpha layer from the leg and will reveal your avatar's foot.

Twisted facing shoes may be the result of improperly editing the shoe rotation. Right click that shoe, select the Edit option, switch to the Rotate tool then use the object movement controls to spin the shoe into the correct position.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Donna Eason
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

I have found that feet will bend unnaturally, even without shoes on, when you are standing/walking on prims larger than 10x10x10meters, particularly if its several times larger than the old standard. This may be an issue of the physics engine, but I find you can attenuate this issue if you increase your avatars hover height so its feet are 0.05 to 0.1 meters off the surface. you edit this in the round menu when right clicking on your avatar.
These users thanked the author Mike Lorrey for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerDot Matrix
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you for that tip Mike.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Mike Lorrey