NPC users

Creating avatar shapes, hair, skin, eyes, etc.
Kimm Starr

NPC users

Post by Kimm Starr »

I've been working on my New York City/Big Apple world for over a year now. It's been a labor of love and dig that Kitely is as affordable as it is, that I can build this big. I was, as many of you probably were, a SL kid from the beginning. I always gravitated to building, but could never afford to do it on a big scale. I've rented a quarter sim here and there throughout the years, but that was as big as it got. I now have a four sim Vintage NYC, circa 1970's, 80's, 90's, with a dash of the 2000's thrown in for good measure. 80 percent of the builds are all original and have not been seen anywhere in SL or Opensim, 20 percent I have bought from the Kitely market. I figure one more month and I will open to the public. I have questions though for the whole community. When I found out about NPC's, I fell head over heels in Love with the whole concept. I have been all over open sim and have found that no one really implements them. I'm kind of shocked. Such a fabulous tool to tell a story and I found very few sims using them. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. My question is: If you are using them, do you find them to be laggy for visitors? I can't tell, I'm the only one in my world for now. If you use them, can you leave the name of your sim here so I can check them out? Also, is there a way to have NPC vehicles? If you know of a way, can I pick your brain? Thanks all!
These users thanked the author Kimm Starr for the post (total 5):
Ilan TochnerSelby EvansShandon LoringChris NamasteAlexina Proctor
I'm obsessed with Animesh and soon you will be too!
Ilan Tochner

Re: NPC users

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Kimm,

NPC can create lag, but it really depends how you use them. In any case, now that we support them, our recommendation is to use scripted animesh avatars instead of NPCs. Doing so will enable your world to have more artificial avatars while creating less load on your world and people's viewers.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Chris NamasteAlexina Proctor
Kimm Starr

Re: NPC users

Post by Kimm Starr »

Ilan Tochner wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:38 am
Hi Kimm,

NPC can create lag, but it really depends how you use them. In any case, now that we support them, our recommendation is to use scripted animesh avatars instead of NPCs. Doing so will enable your world to have more artificial avatars while creating less load on your world and people's viewers.
Wow, I would have thought it to be the opposite. I may have to rethink a few things then, thatnks
These users thanked the author Kimm Starr for the post:
Chris Namaste
I'm obsessed with Animesh and soon you will be too!