Finding NPCs...

Creating avatar shapes, hair, skin, eyes, etc.
Frank SquirrelHerder

Re: Finding NPCs...

Post by Frank SquirrelHerder »

Wow, Kim, that's fantastic! Thanks for contributing. I'll paste this into a text doc to experiment later when I get to that stage (I'm at the very beginning of setting up my sim, literally terraforming yet).

I bought a lifetime deal license from AppSumo for BotStar (still available for the next 24 hours or so I believe, if you're curious to check it out). I'm wondering if anyone has ever figured out a way to integrate something like a chatbot (not necessarily BotStar) with an NPC? Wouldn't it be a killer app to have an AI-powered chatbot funneled through an animated NPC?

I have no idea how that would even work or if it's just a pipe dream (probably it is), but I bought the BotStar license with the express purpose of experimenting with such...someday.
By day I write modern fantasy novels, by night I torture prims!
Powered by black coffee and dark beer.
Frank SquirrelHerder

Oh, sorry, I just checked and the Botstar deal is expiring in 3 days, currently only available for their premium/VIP access accounts: https://appsumo.com/botstar/

If anyone misses out on this deal but is interested in experimenting with integrating this into Kitely, I do have 2 spare seats I'd be willing to share in exchange for collaboration. But if you're serious about this and think it might work, it might be worth splurging for the AppSumo Plus account ($99/year) to grab your own license before the clock runs out.
Kim McCabe

Post by Kim McCabe »

I haven't made a chatbot yet but am about to delve into it. I want to try and make a game or something out of my quarantine sim project. I built a 4 sim American Horror Show mash up. I made most of the Characters from the show for my NPC's, but thought it would be cool to have them give information for some sort of game or hunt. I have seen here in Kiteley, a few people that have incorporated NPC and chatbot, so it's doable. Here's some info I found.
https://www.outworldz.com/cgi/freescrip ... ry=ChatBot
These users thanked the author Kim McCabe for the post:
Frank SquirrelHerder
Frank SquirrelHerder

Kim McCabe wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 9:23 am
I haven't made a chatbot yet but am about to delve into it. I want to try and make a game or something out of my quarantine sim project. I built a 4 sim American Horror Show mash up. I made most of the Characters from the show for my NPC's, but thought it would be cool to have them give information for some sort of game or hunt. I have seen here in Kiteley, a few people that have incorporated NPC and chatbot, so it's doable. Here's some info I found.
Great find! I did some digging into Personality Forge and they seem to be a bit buggy with their chatbots (or maybe it was just the few I tried). Really cool proof-of-concept though.

I love your idea, and am eager to see how you create it. I'll have to seek you out in-world and send a friend request, as I want to make sure I don't miss your sim when it's done (are they ever done though, really?).

For my purposes, I was thinking a sort of interactive fiction (choose your own adventure) type of scenarios, where the NPCs could serve as "tour guides" or help offer choices. I don't know if that's even possible yet at this point, but it'll be fun to find out.
These users thanked the author Frank SquirrelHerder for the post:
Selby Evans
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

Frank SquirrelHerder wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 7:16 pm
Kim McCabe wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 9:23 am
Great find! I did some digging into Personality Forge and they seem to be a bit buggy with their chatbots (or maybe it was just the few I tried). Really cool proof-of-concept though.

I love your idea, and am eager to see how you create it. I'll have to seek you out in-world and send a friend request, as I want to make sure I don't miss your sim when it's done (are they ever done though, really?).

For my purposes, I was thinking a sort of interactive fiction (choose your own adventure) type of scenarios, where the NPCs could serve as "tour guides" or help offer choices. I don't know if that's even possible yet at this point, but it'll be fun to find out.
Here is a draft of some interactive fiction I did last year with NPCs as part of the story:
https://virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com ... other.html
These users thanked the author Selby Evans for the post:
Frank SquirrelHerder
Antonio Valenti

Re: Finding NPCs... Problem...

Post by Antonio Valenti »

Ok, ran into an issue that I need help with...

I was playing with cloning myself with different animations, and ran into one that popped up an error message about not finding "something". I tried to delete the NPC but managed to delete the pose ball instead. Now I have my clone just standing there and I can't delete him. Can't even move him. I tried ejecting him bu he just moed to the edge of the sim.

Help !?
These users thanked the author Antonio Valenti for the post:
Selby Evans
Frank SquirrelHerder

Re: Finding NPCs... Problem...

Antonio Valenti wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 6:39 pm
Ok, ran into an issue that I need help with...

I was playing with cloning myself with different animations, and ran into one that popped up an error message about not finding "something". I tried to delete the NPC but managed to delete the pose ball instead. Now I have my clone just standing there and I can't delete him. Can't even move him. I tried ejecting him bu he just moed to the edge of the sim.

Help !?
I have nothing to offer by way of help, other than to point out that what you're describing sounds like the start of a dystopian horror story!