Dinkies ?

Creating avatar shapes, hair, skin, eyes, etc.
Trouble Ahead

Dinkies ?

Post by Trouble Ahead »

Hello builders and creators .. I am looking for people who create ( and sell) dinkie avatars . We need those here too. Anyone has tips? I hope we will have a dinkie collection soon in the marketplace. Thank you very much!
These users thanked the author Trouble Ahead for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerAda RadiusDoc Doolittle
Ada Radius

Re: Dinkies ?

Post by Ada Radius »

I do like making tiny avatars and can often use a break from realistic stuff. What height are you talking about? Poking around, it looks as though Dinkie might be a proprietary brand iSL, as, I was told, were Furries and Tinies. Though Furries seems more like a subculture with sexual overtones and not a brand.
But making small anthropomorphic animal and other avatars, sure. Figure out what to call them, lol.
These users thanked the author Ada Radius for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerDoc Doolittle
Trouble Ahead

Post by Trouble Ahead »

As an illustration for people who dont know about this community :this is how they look. There is a big community of them in SL and there was one in Inworldz as well, many of them moved also to OS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNJJ6FzKjGw

As far as I know there are only few builders in discovery who imported their work for dinkies, but I did not see any products on the Kitely marketplace. Although I know people have been looking for it.

I will text you inworld to introduce you to some hardcore dinkies, so you can find out about the size of the avatars and their culture as well. ( they even have an own language). Enjoy watching the video!
These users thanked the author Trouble Ahead for the post (total 2):
Ada RadiusDoc Doolittle
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

Thank you! Ya. Licensing is the issue. I see Dinkies referred to as a licensed brand iSL marketplace, but I haven't seen a copy of the license itself.
These users thanked the author Ada Radius for the post:
Doc Doolittle
Trouble Ahead

Post by Trouble Ahead »

Hya Ada,

As far as I know the particular names for the little avatars are no brands. There are several designers working on them and their " species names" are only used to catgorise them. This website I got from Snoots Dwagon which will show you the evolution of the community.
Its fun to read , enjoy :)

( we need at least someone who can make melon poofers and waffles )

http://elfclan.spruz.com/pt/Tinies-for- ... s/blog.htm
These users thanked the author Trouble Ahead for the post (total 3):
Ada RadiusAlexina ProctorDoc Doolittle
Linn Darkwatch
Has thanked: 0

Post by Linn Darkwatch »

Jumping in late ... Actually, "Dinkies" is a brand name. They are the small mesh avatars, mostly cats, created by Etheria Parrott in SL. Others may create dinkie clothing and accessories, but only Eth makes the avatars themselves. That said, nothing prevents others from making their own dinkie-LIKE avatars, but the clothing templates specifically for dinkies would not fit other avatars.
These users thanked the author Linn Darkwatch for the post (total 2):
Ada RadiusAlexina Proctor
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

Yes, Dinkies is a brand name, as is Tinies. My new set of furry-type weefolk, I named Chompy, also a brand name. Etheria and I both drew inspiration from the animé chibi style - round body, big head, bipedal anthropomorphic.

Dinkies and Chompy both have an edited armature to make it small, unlike the Wynx designed Tinies, which have a normal sized armature, folded up to look small. So both Dinkies and Chompy can use normal animations; Tinies need special ones.

Chompy are different structurally than Dinkies of course - most Chompy will use a system head so that talk and other face morphs will work, they have different mesh topology, different UV mapping, different armature and different texturing style, and are Bakes on Mesh compatible. People can make their own skins, clothing, tattoo, system layers to change the Chompy look. Some Dinkie mesh clothing will fit Chompy and vice versa, maybe.

I have two other Weefolk styles sitting in Blender files - a more human looking creature, like fae or elf, and a more classic chibi. I can do the models fast enough but it takes longer to make them BoM compatible, rigging is the usual nightmare, and it takes me days to get avatars ready to put up at the Marketplace. Maybe I'll get faster at it, heh. Fun though, I'm having a blast working on it.
These users thanked the author Ada Radius for the post (total 2):
Alexina ProctorDoc Doolittle
Doc Doolittle

Post by Doc Doolittle »

For those interested in creating Dinkie Clothing, Etheria Parrott, the original creator of "Dinkies" from SL, sells full perm clothing creator kits in OpenSim. Currently, her store is located on Utopia Skye Grid at the Creators Guild Mall and it is simply called DINKIES. It is a gloebit economy there for purchases that are exportable to other grids.

I'll add here that she explained to me just recently the Dinkie bodies she uploaded to OpenSim are not exactly the same as the original Dinkie Bodies in SL. This is important to understand because there are many Dinkie Clothing Template creators in SL but, some of their templates will not work with these OpenSim Dinkies.

!!!HOWEVER!!! the full perm clothing kits Etheria sells for Dinkies at her store on the Utopia Skye Grid are indeed made for the OpenSim Dinkies, so creators can use those to help bring more Dinkie goodness to the WeeFolk Communities.

One other note on Dinkie Avatars, they use Human or 'Biggie' Animations including all single dances. This also means that creators can use the human animations most all activities and in "Dinkified" (just shrunken from human large size to Dinkie size) furniture and houses.
These users thanked the author Doc Doolittle for the post (total 2):
Ada RadiusAlexina Proctor
Moonrise Azalee

Post by Moonrise Azalee »

I have a Dinkie's avi in Kitely. I bought it from Utopia Skye Grid with gloebits. So it is certainly possible for anyone who wants one to get one. Gloebits are quite easy to use, I shop with them a lot. I have the same Calico Dinkie that I had in IW <3
These users thanked the author Moonrise Azalee for the post:
Doc Doolittle
Trouble Ahead

Post by Trouble Ahead »

Hi Moon,

Yes I noticed the shop in Utopia. Sadly the builder of these avatars is not ( or not often ) around to answer on questions.
These users thanked the author Trouble Ahead for the post:
Doc Doolittle