Rigging Hair

Creating avatar shapes, hair, skin, eyes, etc.
Dolly Rotten

Rigging Hair

Post by Dolly Rotten »

Gorgeous people,

I'm trying to learn how to rig the hair I've made but the only follow-able tutorials (and even confusing ones) I can find for Blender and/or Avastar are for older versions, and I'm just lost.

Can anyone talk me through it please? I'm happy to pay someone with the skills for their tutorial time on Zoom if it needs more than a "spare few minutes" forum reply. :-)

I have been using Blender for a while so understand the basics.
These users thanked the author Dolly Rotten for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerAda Radius
Ada Radius

Re: Rigging Hair

Post by Ada Radius »

Hi Dolly,
There are a couple of classes a week available - Kayaker Magic hosts one at 9:30 am Wednesdays, Mike Lorrey at 3pm Sundays. I join in when I can, especially for rigging and vertex weighting. If you contact one of us we can give you landmarks and I'll try to be there too. I've found the best way to teach it is to have the student in Screenleap doing it, while two or three of us coach you through it.
Rigging isn't 'difficult' once you know where everything is. But there's a lot of everything.
:)
These users thanked the author Ada Radius for the post (total 4):
Ilan TochnerDolly RottenChris NamasteChristine Nyn
Dolly Rotten

Post by Dolly Rotten »

Thank you.

Honestly though the thought of two or three people telling me how to do something at once has just made massively anxious, and those are the worst possible times for me.

I'm thinking it might just be easier to pay someone to rig the hair for me! I only do a few a year, heh.
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

We can adapt. Kayaker will be doing his Animesh class again soon, and we think it will be video'd. Animesh would be good for some hair bits, to replace flex prims - give some movement. And I'll think about doing a hair-rigging class. Then you can just watch, if that makes you more comfortable. Everyone has a different learning style.
These users thanked the author Ada Radius for the post (total 4):
Ilan TochnerDolly RottenDot MatrixChris Namaste
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

hi Ada,that sounds amazing,
the animesh class uplan to give,
what do u mean it will be video's? : on kitely youtube channel or?
for people who cannot come over i mean?
thx in advance,
i'm so in OMGosh for animesh!
christa
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Dolly Rotten

Post by Dolly Rotten »

In the meantime, I have two wigs I need rigging, anyone want to earn a few quid? :-)