Looking for Ruth2 BOM body :D

Creating avatar shapes, hair, skin, eyes, etc.
Chic Aeon
Has thanked: 0

Looking for Ruth2 BOM body :D

Post by Chic Aeon »

Back for a bit after a hiatus -- looking to upgrade to Ruth2 BOM. We resources leading me nowhere current.
Searches empty :D. Is there somewhere on Kitely where I can pick up a BOM version? I have an old skin that I really love and would feel more "me" as I build on the sandbox LOL. ah vanity. Thanks for any tips.
These users thanked the author Chic Aeon for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerGraham MillsAda Radius
Iain McCracken

Re: Looking for Ruth2 BOM body :D

Post by Iain McCracken »

Here's a link to Austin Tate's blog entry on Ruth2 and Roth2. It contains a plethora of places to find stuff.

I have no idea if any of the inworld places still exist. The Kitely market store is empty. The blog entry is from 2018.

Info sold as-is. :) Hopefully you can find something still extant from it.

https://blog.inf.ed.ac.uk/atate/2018/01 ... and-roth2/
These users thanked the author Iain McCracken for the post (total 2):
Graham MillsAda Radius
Chic Aeon

Post by Chic Aeon »

Thanks I did find that but didn't see anything that would help me GET the items LOL. I guess I will just make some sunglasses to cover up the most offending part of my face. Off to check on one more place. So far most of my links lead to places that have disappeared. Alas. Thanks for replying though!!!
These users thanked the author Chic Aeon for the post:
Ada Radius
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Both Ruth and Roth are available on the Shopping sim of the OpenSim Conference grid last time I checked. That grid doesn't change much between conferences so I would expect them still to be there. If not, let me know and I will share them.

https://conference.opensimulator.org/login-info/

I'm presently trying to generate a range of male and female NPCs for my early 19th century Liverpool dock build. Hints and tips welcome.
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post:
Ada Radius
Chic Aeon

Post by Chic Aeon »

That tip did work! Thanks.

A note to anyone else following the breadcrumbs :D. You need to find the poster with a link to the SHOPPING SIM in order to get there.
These users thanked the author Chic Aeon for the post (total 2):
Graham MillsAda Radius
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Think I used map search but I know that grid quite well and knew what I was looking for.
Chic Aeon wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:09 pm
That tip did work! Thanks.

A note to anyone else following the breadcrumbs :D. You need to find the poster with a link to the SHOPPING SIM in order to get there.
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post:
Ada Radius
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

Sorry I've been AFK for a bit, recovering from being stupid and throwing my back out.

The RuthAndRoth sim in OSGrid has the current (and some prior) versions of Ruth and Roth, all rigged, scripted, BOM compatible and good to go. Teleporting there seems to be difficult but I'll contact Ai Austin and see what needs to be done at that end and try to rule out issues at mine. I'll post the hop as soon as I can get my little av over there.

If you have Blender rigging and skinning skills you can get the blender dev file at GitHub/RuthAndRoth/ . The Ruth kit is in the Ruth repo, Roth in Roth repo and a basic armature in Reference repo in the AdaRadius folder. We do not have an armature specific to either Ruth or Roth (Blender changes too fast to keep up) but Kayaker Magic, with Owl Eyes and I helping, teaches Blender classes Wednesday mornings, 9:30 am at Spirit Ranch on the Discovery Grid. The next few classes are planned to involve showing how to adapt that basic armature to the mesh, export out of Blender and into the viewer. The Bento Buddy plugin works too, and is also a fairly steep learning curve. Avastar can work OK for Ruth, but (last I checked) not so much for Roth animesh.
These users thanked the author Ada Radius for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerGraham Mills