Help import SL clothes into Kitely

Creating clothing, shoes, and accessories
Amiryu Hosoi

Help import SL clothes into Kitely

Post by Amiryu Hosoi »

Hey guys,

I am trying to import some of my kimonos but Kitely doesnt see them as clothes. What is the best, if any, way to import clothes from SL into Open Sim? Anyone?

Ami
Now delivering to hypergrid http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2570982
Ilan Tochner

Re: Help import SL clothes into Kitely

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Amiryu,

How are you trying to import them? (Stored Inventory? Imprudence?)

What clothes object types (shirt, pants, etc.) are they?

Are they prim based or mesh?
Amiryu Hosoi

Post by Amiryu Hosoi »

Hey Ilan, mainly clothes that are part of outfits, think of pants, socks, shirts. I use second inventory. The clothes appear in the backup folder in Kitely wit a little icon like 2 small figures, double clicking and wear dont not work.

Ami
Now delivering to hypergrid http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2570982
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

The viewer uses the 2 small figures icon for objects that are set to the Body Shape type. I guess Second Inventory didn't transfer your items over correctly.

I suggest you try using Imprudence or Angstrom Viewer for content transfer instead (both have content backup and restore capabilities).
Karalee Larsson

Post by Karalee Larsson »

I can easily import objects I made in sl into Kitely. However, I do not know how to import simple clothes such as shirts and pants. I use Imprudence and am used to dragging an item onto the ground and selecting Export from the pie menu. How can we import things that can not be dragged to the ground?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Do you have the original textures for those clothes Karalee?

If so then just upload them into Kitely using the regular viewer upload texture option.
Deuce Halsey

Post by Deuce Halsey »

Ilan Tochner wrote:Do you have the original textures for those clothes Karalee?

If so then just upload them into Kitely using the regular viewer upload texture option.
This is how I import my SL clothing products into Kitely. One of the advantages is it gives you a chance to improve things if you have the textures for it.
In SL I used 512x512 textures for my shirts. When moving my product line I opted for using my original 1024x1024 textures over here in Kitely. This allows
me to have more detailed designs available over here than I could support over in SL.

The reduced lag here in Kitely is what makes using the 1024x1024 textures for clothing possible. Note that I am not encouraging people to use 1024x1024
textures for everything in Kitely - that would induce unnecessary lag. In fact for the custom signage in my world I use 256x256 or 512x512 textures, depending
on the detail involved with the sign. But the Kitely system is stable and robust enough at this point to support player avatars wearing some clothing with
1024x1024 textures.
Deuce Halsey
Just4yucks in Kitely Marketplace
http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2704782
jim milton
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by jim milton »

I think it depends upon the type of the various relative aspects of the type of the sending process you are about to use for the same. I think you are also suppose to fulfill all the relative criteria which the website have maintained to import the relative stuff.
jamie ross
Has thanked: 0

Post by jamie ross »

Deuce Halsey wrote:
Ilan Tochner wrote:Do you have the original textures for those clothes Karalee?

This is how I import my SL clothing products into Kitely. One of the advantages is it gives you a chance to improve things if you have the textures for it.
In SL I used 512x512 textures for my shirts. When moving my product line I opted for using my original 1024x1024 textures over here in Kitely. This allows
me to have more detailed designs available over here than I could support over in SL.

The reduced lag here in Kitely is what makes using the 1024x1024 textures for Custom Clothing Manufacturers possible. Note that I am not encouraging people to use 1024x1024
textures for everything in Kitely - that would induce unnecessary lag. In fact for the custom signage in my world I use 256x256 or 512x512 textures, depending
on the detail involved with the sign. But the Kitely system is stable and robust enough at this point to support player avatars wearing some clothing with
1024x1024 textures.

Hi Deuse,
thanks for your advice, I am new here and your advice for it helps me lot. keep up the good work.
These users thanked the author jamie ross for the post:
Selby Evans