Mesh clothing need

Creating clothing, shoes, and accessories
Olivia Cat

Mesh clothing need

Post by Olivia Cat »

Hello all,

I'm creator with experience in SL. I was going to put some mesh clothing stuff on Kitely market, but I see there is almost none mesh clothing. It's probably matter of time.
Are residents of Kitely interested in mesh, maybe are far less focused on apparel then in SL?

Olivia
Last edited by Olivia Cat on Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ilan Tochner

Re: Mesh clothing need

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Olivia,

People are wearing and interested in mesh in Kitely but there isn't a lot currently sold in our marketplace - which points to a good business opportunity if your content is good quality and is priced reasonably. :-)
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Hi Olivia,

My 2 cents and a wooden nickel will no longer buy a piece of candy, but, for what it's worth.

Mesh has been in opensim, for, [what is it?] 2 years or so.

But many folx were mostly using imprudence as it is very lightweight, but does not see mesh. So mesh in opensim has not been a big deal, yet....

however, this has been changing in recent months, so much that I even rarely use impy anymore myself...sooo, I would suggest if you wish to put it on the mp here, you should do so-))

[ps and what Ilan said while I was writing this]
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post:
Olivia Cat
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Jean Swashbuckler

Post by Jean Swashbuckler »

Minethere Always wrote:Hi Olivia,
But many folx were mostly using imprudence as it is very lightweight, but does not see mesh. So mesh in opensim has not been a big deal, yet....

however, this has been changing in recent months, so much that I even rarely use impy anymore myself...sooo, I would suggest if you wish to put it on the mp here, you should do so-))

[ps and what Ilan said while I was writing this]
Agree with Ilan and market opportunity.

Minethere, thanks for the background on imprudence.

Olivia, my wife and I started to buy mesh clothing in SL for a number of reasons. Given Minethere's comments, we will be looking for not only mesh clothing but mesh materials. We have been building in SL with mesh components for furniture and interior home decor. Would love to be able to do that on OS.
These users thanked the author Jean Swashbuckler for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Dundridge Dreadlow

Post by Dundridge Dreadlow »

<hint> Go for it. </hint>

As to the people using non-mesh viewers. What's wrong with your computer ? The viewer uses openGL, which runs on everything and will replace in software anything it can't do in hardware. I have a mesh viewer on my PHONE. Upgrade already, and please join 2013 (or whatever year you are reading this message if it is after 2013 where you are, or 2556 if you are in Thailand.. etc)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PS. Kitely is awesome.
Olivia Cat

Post by Olivia Cat »

Thank you all for quick answers!
I see there is some need for mesh (clothing and other) which probably will increase.
Well I'll join pioneers likely and put a few things at first in near future :)
Not sure yet if I'll put clothing (if - then on my alt). What I know is for now I don't plan to offer full perm items. I create own non-rigged models, but enjoy creating thing in whole.
These users thanked the author Olivia Cat for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Kandy Korn
Been thanked: 0

Post by Kandy Korn »

Personally, I hate mesh! When Secondlife started to have "everything" in mesh, I moved to opensim. Now with talk of mesh in opensim, where will I go to next? Mesh is hard for viewers to focus on, you have to zoom up really close to it to have it appear. I normally have my camera set to see at 256 meters and view a complete region at one time. Then move closer to something of interest. Mesh does not appear at 256 meters from space.
Carlos Loff

Post by Carlos Loff »

Olivia Cat wrote:Hello all,

I'm creator with experience in SL. I was going to put some mesh clothing stuff on Kitely market, but I see there is almost none mesh clothing. It's probably matter of time.
Are residents of Kitely interested in mesh, maybe are far less focused on apparel then in SL?

Olivia
Hi and welcome

Kitely Market has just started to grow and show so not having mesh clothes should be great news for you because you will dominate that market at least for now,m buyers are here all starving for new stuff

Please go ahead and remember Males too, cheers
Kitely - Meta Lisbon --> grid.kitely.com:8002:Meta Lisbon Startups
Join Me on Meetup --> https://www.meetup.com/metalisbonstartups/
Join Kitely Group --> Meta Lisbon Startups