Shirts Becoming Warped

Creating clothing, shoes, and accessories
Deuce Halsey

Re: Shirts Becoming Warped

Post by Deuce Halsey »

Ilan, I had already done a clean reinstall of Firestorm, everything you suggested except the reboot. I'm now running the latest Firestorm/OS Beta.
Plus remember, the problem also started happening in Singularity. That should eliminate Firestorm as the culprit.
Cecil Gudkov wrote: In Firestorm viewer did you try to make a texture refresh?
Right click on your avatar shirt + APPEARANCE + TEX REFRESH
I had not tried that, Cecil. I just logged in to try it out and..... the shirts are all rendering just fine now. This happened before I was able to try the Texture Refresh.
Grrrr.... I hate intermittent problems! But that does explain a lot - like why it seemed like things were working fine with Singularity, and then suddenly they weren't.

You know, this whole nonsense started at around the same time of the last major maintenance update to Kitely. It actually took me a few days to realize that it wasn't my
new designs or textures that were the problem. At this point I'm hoping that after the next Kitely update the problem will disappear as mysteriously as it appeared. In my
experience that does happen sometimes with intermittent problems.

Meanwhile, thanks for all the help, Ilan and Cecil. I'll just work around the intermittent outbursts of this issue until the next update.
Deuce Halsey
Just4yucks in Kitely Marketplace
http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2704782
Deuce Halsey

Post by Deuce Halsey »

Update one week later. I bumped my anti-alias setting in Firestorm up from 2x to 8x and the problem has not reoccurred. Granted, I haven't been doing as much shirt changing since opening my store, but still the shirts I'm actually wearing have been fine.

Thanks again for the help.
Deuce Halsey
Johnny Magic

Post by Johnny Magic »

I was having the same problem but I figured out that if I waited and waited and waited and.....the clothing eventually showed up properly. It's like it took forever to rez or staighten out. I'l have to try your trick and see if it speeds things up.
Deuce Halsey

Post by Deuce Halsey »

Johnny Magic wrote:I was having the same problem but I figured out that if I waited and waited and waited and.....the clothing eventually showed up properly. It's like it took forever to rez or staighten out. I'l have to try your trick and see if it speeds things up.
I'm still getting this occasionally - but only rarely. It seems that if I wait long enough the shirt looks fine.

Lynn, I'm not sure how your message relates to the topic of this thread?
Deuce Halsey
jim milton
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by jim milton »

I think its such a fine post and have all the various alternatives about the related clothing range.