Shirts Becoming Warped

Creating clothing, shoes, and accessories
Deuce Halsey

Shirts Becoming Warped

Post by Deuce Halsey »

I've run into a problem creating funny t-shirts for my new store here in Kitely. The shirts suddenly are not displaying correctly on my own avatar, which is a big problem since I need to create them with this avatar for permissions purposes. Here is an example....

This is my "We Are Not Amused" design as it was photographed originally back on November 16th:

Here is what the exact same shirt looks like if I wear it today:

This warping effect is now happening to all shirt designs when I wear the shirts on this avatar. If I send the shirts to my female alt (I use for modeling purposes) they look normal.
I have no idea what is causing this, but it's really getting annoying. I've tried "resetting" my avatar - wearing a "New Shape", "New Skin", "New Eyes" and "New Hair". But when I
put the normal outfit back on this warp effect is still happening on my shirts.

I have never seen this kind of thing before, not in five years of making t-shirts, both on SL and OpenSim. Has anyone else ever run into this? Any ideas on how to fix the problem?
Deuce Halsey
Just4yucks in Kitely Marketplace
http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2704782
Ilan Tochner

Re: Shirts Becoming Warped

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Deuce,

Have you tried viewing this in multiple viewers to see if the problem might be viewer specific?
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Deuce HalseyRikku Cosplay
Deuce Halsey

Post by Deuce Halsey »

Thanks, Ilan, that was it. The shirts look fine with Singularity. So Firestorm is having the problem, but only with my main avatar.
So I guess that means that it's a specific setting somewhere in the viewer that is causing this problem with a single avatar?

The weird thing is that I have tried wearing different shapes - all the male shapes I could find in my inventory in fact. But the
warp effect is the same for this avatar.

My next step is going to be reinstalling Firestorm - in fact I might try that beta people are talking about that has the upload/download
features. Hopefully a complete reinstall will fix whatever is wrong.

If that doesn't work I will probably just use Singularity for all my photo sessions the rest of the week. I'm running out of time before
my grand opening - no time to horse around with bizarre viewer problems.

Thanks again,
Deuce Halsey
Deuce Halsey

Post by Deuce Halsey »

Well I did clean reinstall/upgrade of Firestorm. Now running the 4.5.1 Beta, and I'm still getting the warp effect with my shirts on the Deuce avatar. So annoying!

I'm not doing anything fancy - just applying textures to the standard system "New Shirt" and "New Jacket" clothing layers. Normally these just form-fit to the avatar
wearing them, including female vs male avatars. For some reason Firestorm now seems to think that my male avatar has some kind of weird waves across his chest.
The odd thing is that the chest looks normal when not wearing any shirt. I deleted my Firestorm settings folder so I should be back to the default factory Firestorm
settings.

Edited to report: I tried my alts with Firestorm - no problems with the shirts. So whatever is going on is limited to my Deuce Halsey avatar when using Firestorm.
I'm just gonna use Singularity for my shirt creation and photography sessions for the rest of the week. After my grand opening I may poke at this some more and
see if I can figure it out.
Deuce Halsey
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Okay, please keep us updated.
Deuce Halsey

Post by Deuce Halsey »

And it just gets weirder and weirder. Now the shirts look warped when worn by my Deuce Halsey avatar whether I'm using Firestorm or Singularity. But they only look warped from within that viewer. I had Deuce logged in with Singularity and my female alt (Veldra Jinx) logged in with the Firestorm Beta. His shirts looked warped from within his viewer (Singularity) but fine from her viewpoint (Firestorm). Meanwhile her shirts looked fine to both avatars (and henceforth both viewers).

It now looks like the real problem is with the Deuce Halsey avatar. Is there some way that you can do a fundamental "reset" of the avatar back to original rez settings while not affecting his inventory?

This is annoying but still not a show-stopper. I'm able to photograph my shirts from the alt avatar, or use an alt to photograph Deuce wearing the shirts. It would be nice if we could figure out what is wrong with my main avatar though.
Deuce Halsey
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

What operating system and version are you running?

Have you tried viewing that avatar from another computer?
Deuce Halsey

Post by Deuce Halsey »

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1.

I don't really have another functioning computer at the moment, so the answer to your second question is "no".
Deuce Halsey
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

I suggest you first uninstall Firestorm then search and delete all the Firestorm and FirestormOS subdirectories inside all the directories inside C:\Users\<YOUR USERNAME>\AppData\

Then restart your computer, reinstall Firestorm and see if this helped.
Cecil Gudkov

Post by Cecil Gudkov »

Hi Deuce,

In Firestorm viewer did you try to make a texture refresh?
Right click on your avatar shirt + APPEARANCE + TEX REFRESH