MT Design - News

Stores, items and deals
Min Tigerpaw

MT Design - News

Post by Min Tigerpaw »

Hi folks ....
after months of fuzzing around with the scripts, the large college board is getting close to completion in it's first basic version (see image) and is supposed to hit the market mid May.
College Board 1_001.jpg
At this time I'd appreciate input from usiblity testing of potential future users:
I have placed beta-versions of the board at two of my regions for everyone who is interested and who might want to give feedback on the
features, usibilty and important misses.
Test it here:
http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Min ... -Adventure
or here:
http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Min ... ion-Island
Feedback may be posted in this thread or at whiteboards I placed close to the college-board in the regions.
I intentionally don't give use instructions at this time - as I want to learn if people get the concept how it's working intuitively.
..... will be away traveling for 1 week .... hope for nice test results when I'm back :-)
Have fun playing with the board
Min
These users thanked the author Min Tigerpaw for the post (total 2):
Selby EvansCarlos Loff
Freda Frostbite

Re: MT Design - News

Post by Freda Frostbite »

I went to test the new board-- am there now in fact. I am not sure how one uses this to display web content or for handouts. Also, I wonder about wrap-around text. That would be very useful. Otherwise, I see how it works and think it works fine. --Freda
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

I tried out the board last night. Did not have much time. Using did seem intuitive. It looked useful. I will test more when I have time.
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

I couldn't get the board on MT Design to work. I could see that there were touch-sensitive areas but they didn't respond for me in Kokua. Perhaps scripts need to be reset or, more likely, it's my failing the idiot-proof intuitive-to-use test. :?

Otherwise, nice concept, looks good.
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

I clicked on the yellow board and got the options. They were clear. It probably needs to do word wrap and to allow for two lines in the title. I see lots of ways to use it.
Selby
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

OK, that explains it. The yellow sign was fine -- I assumed it was the other one we were supposed to trial (as shown above). :)

My thoughts about the yellow one:
  • It would be good to have the ability to output a notecard with the text
  • It maybe needs some way of negotiating between multiple simultaneous users, e.g. first person to open for editing is shown in hovertext and gets a minute to edit before it times out.
Selby Evans wrote:I clicked on the yellow board and got the options. They were clear. It probably needs to do word wrap and to allow for two lines in the title. I see lots of ways to use it.
Selby
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

For class purposes, you could give each student a board. The student could summarize a response on that board. I have a sticky note script from Maria Korolov that could also be used for brief student responses. (Students would need rez rights to use that.)

Maybe a valuable addition: Read and display contents of a notecard.
Min Tigerpaw

Post by Min Tigerpaw »

Thanks Selby, Graham, Freda for the effort of trying & checking,
--I must apologize, you really didn't have a chance that the board would have worked for you, as I have integrated user-access control and in the hurry before leaving to my business trip I didn't think about setting it right (it was set to "owner" - use only) -- :o :oops:
Now I changed it and it works - at least for my alt. :D

With regard to your comments Freda: the features in the green box are extensions I plan to do for the advanced version (any further suggestions welcome) end 2014 - in this first basic version to be released soon the features incorporated are:
- Up to 10 objects (selected from box, frame, disc, ellipse, line) - each optionally with title & text - free to position od sizing on board
- Text wrap within each of the objects
- Whole objects/text/title can be wiped sperately for each object - board can be wiped completely as well
- Boards can be saved to notecard within board / saved boards can be called up to the board from menu / "my boards" function included
- Choice from 6 colors for board-color, object-color, text-color & title color
- Choice from 6 font-types (limited by choice of fonts provided by grid)
- Choice of font-sizes
- Choice to write in bold, italic or underscore instead of regular for each object text / title
- User and admin control (can be set to all, group or owner)

I'm happy to give a demo to everyone interested - just drop me a message
the boards will stay set for testing at the two regions for everyone (set to all users ;) )
Cheers
Min
Min Tigerpaw

Post by Min Tigerpaw »

Finally done !
The new interactive MT CollegeBoard has hit the Kitely Market today. After months of scripting and testing now I dare to place for sale:
http://www.kitely.com/market/product/40 ... Board/edit
So far only as T/M- and C/M-version as I still need to test the behavior in other grids.
The board is set up for everyone to test at Min's Creation Island:
http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Min ... ion-Island

Any feedback appreciated - for hints on bugs / misfunctions so far not known I will pay a premium to the first one to notify me!
(I'll put up a list of known issues on a board at the Creation Island)

Any suggestions for features that you'd like to see in advanced versions I'd love as well!
These users thanked the author Min Tigerpaw for the post (total 2):
Constance PeregrineMarstol Nitely
Min Tigerpaw

Post by Min Tigerpaw »

Hi folks ....
maybe you didn't realize it ... but for Kitely started a new age: OpenSim 0.8.0 arrived !!! :o
.... and that means that the scripts in all menu based seatings of MT Design temporarily are not working correctly ( :oops: ) due to change in some linked item scripting commands coming with the 0.8.0 update.
I'm working to fix this but it will still need a bit of time until the replacement scripts are stable enough to be replaced. Once done I will send updates to everyone.
I will also deactivate all Market items with the positioning scripts until I have updated them all.

Sorry for the inconvenience
Min
These users thanked the author Min Tigerpaw for the post:
Constance Peregrine