Glock 17 pistol

Stores, items and deals
Kayaker Magic

Glock 17 pistol

Post by Kayaker Magic »

This is a mesh reproduction of a Glock 17 pistol. The RL version takes 9mm parabellum cartridges. This version uses the Magic Bullet Weapons system to fire bullets that work even in regions where rezzing is not allowed. Bullets kick up puffs of brown when you fire at the ground, puffs of gray when you hit a prim. On avatars and huntable animals the bullets kick up a splash of red blood and do 26 points of damage. (Two shots will “kill” an avatar, four will drop a dinosaur). You can use my Archery or Shooters targets to hone your accuracy.
Glock 17.jpg
I have demo versions of the Glock 17 to try out at my archery range [url]hop://grid.kitely.com:8002/Panthalassa/489/487/31[/url] There are huntable animals in other areas of my Panthalassa world, but you have to find them first before you can shoot them! Because it takes 4 shots to kill a dinosaur, they may run away and heal before you get all your shots in!
See this weapon featured in the following videos: http://youtu.be/00gKzgLkyNk Watch Hunting and Killing at: http://youtu.be/-BJ2iqE9Ex8

A side effect of my Magic Bullet Ssystem is that physics is no longer necessary to use projectile weapons. And you know how much I love working out ways to do things without physics! There is a downside however. There are several bugs in Open Simulator that make this less effective than it could be:
1. The direction of the cursor in mouse-look-mode is not reported correctly, making accurate aiming impossible.
2. Objects that are rotated create large invisible volumes around them that block projectile weapons.
3. Some phantom prims, like the leaves on trees, can also block this type of projectile weapons.
4. In Kitely Advanced Mega Regions, projectiles cannot see the terrain outside of the southwest sub-region.

I have submitted bug reports for all of these problems, but it will take a while for them to be addressed. These bugs are so bad that I almost decided not to offer these products on OpenSim. However, in relatively clear regions it is still possible to have a great deal of fun. So I am releasing these now for casual use and hoping for bug fixes in the future.
These users thanked the author Kayaker Magic for the post (total 2):
Constance PeregrineOzwell Wayfarer