Magic Cannon Kit

Stores, items and deals
Kayaker Magic

Magic Cannon Kit

Post by Kayaker Magic »

This is a kit that adds cannons to your boats or other builds. Check out the demo video at http://youtu.be/p_qFwleXPA8 or go to my world Panthalassa [url]grid.kitely.com:8002:Panthalassa[/url] where I have several boats with cannon mounted on them and one cannon on the dock of my store that you can fire.
CannonX1.jpg
The cannon in this kit uses the Magic Bullet System to work without physics. It can be used on public lands where you don't have permission to rez physical cannonballs. This means, for example, it works on Scenic SIMS and the I'Z Straits. You can have battles on the 'Straits, see the cannonballs explode, hit other gunboats and sink them. (The boats must have a Magic Bullet script in them, this is available). The cannonballs explode white/blue if they miss and splash in the water, brown if they hit terrain, orange if they hit prims, red if they hit an avatar or huntable animal, and gray if they go out of range. The cannon balls can travel up to 256 meters in InWorldz, 56 meters in OpenSim. But if they cross a SIM border they cannot cause damage.
CannonX2.jpg
Although designed to link into boat builds, these cannon could be built into any vehicle, castle or other structure. One restriction is that the Cannon, its base or cannonball can never be the root prim, they must be linked into other objects. The Magic Cannon is sold mod, copy and NOTRANS for building into your own projects, and a FULL PERM EXPORT version is also available for building into objects that you can sell. You may not resell the cannon by itself nor may you sell full perm copies of it, or sell it in items that are full perm.

The cannon is mesh, and comes with three mesh base parts to choose from. A nautical carriage, an artillery cart, and a railing mount. You can link the cannon into your build with any one of these three.

The cannon has a dialog that will rotate it to different azimuth, altitude and powder charge. (The charge numbers are calibrated to the exit velocity of the cannonball in m/s). You can fire the cannon from the dialog, or set it up to fire when you touch the cannon itself. The cannon dialog will let the owner set the cannon to keep it private, allow anyone to fire it, or only allow passengers on the boat to fire it. The owner can give gunnery officers permission to use the dialog to aim and fire, or just give them permission to touch-to-fire.

There is a HUD that makes aiming the cannon a lot easier than using a dialog. For example, just holding the mouse down on the HUD rotate buttons causes the cannon to quickly turn. If you have several boats nearby, the HUD will attach to the nearest one. You can re-synchronize to a different cannon. The HUD is COPY and TRANS so you can give a copy of the HUD to your gunnery officer. When they wear it, it asks the boat owner for permission to let this person use the cannon. Up to 4 gunnery officers can attach their HUD to one boat.

You can install as many cannons as you want on your ship. The dialog or a touch will fire each cannon separately. The HUD will fire multiple cannons at once and you can set up the HUD to only work on a sub-group of the cannon. You can have a port cannon HUD and a starboard cannon HUD for example. You can add group buttons to the HUD that only fire a group of cannons. (But in this mode, only one of the groups can be aimed with the rotate arrows).
Serene Jewell

Re: Magic Cannon Kit

Post by Serene Jewell »

I watched the video. The part where you sink the ship is pretty darn amazing. I always feel the need to follow you, Kayaker and bandage the wounded. :-)
These users thanked the author Serene Jewell for the post:
Kayaker Magic