Adding products to Kitely Made on Another Grid

Stores, items and deals
Luna Lunaria

Adding products to Kitely Made on Another Grid

Post by Luna Lunaria »

I couldn't find a previous topic on this issue.

My main store is on another grid where I've made everything for years now. I have a Kitely market store where I have limited items I made with my Kitely avatar, but I want to bring in all of my big ticket items to the Kitely market from my main store. All items are made by me. Some items are prims only, but many are mesh or a mix of mesh and prims. All mesh is either made by me or has a commercial license that I include with the products. In preparation, I made all of the items full perm, then hypergridded to Kitely and gave them directly to my Kitely avatar. I have tried now to list several of those items on the Market, but get a parsing error every time, regardless of whether they are mesh or prim. Is what I'm trying to do not possible? I have multiple large builds that took many hours to make, and the thought of having to recreate every one of these from scratch with my Kitely avatar is mind-boggling.
These users thanked the author Luna Lunaria for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerSnoots Dwagon
VISIT LUNARIA EMPORIUM ON THE KITELY MARKET HERE: https://www.kitely.com/market?store=13957705
Ilan Tochner

Re: Adding products to Kitely Made on Another Grid

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Luna,

You should be able to transfer items from your non-Kitely avatar to your Kitely avatar then list them in Kitely Market if your Kitely avatar has both Next Owner transfer and Next Owner copy permissions for them.

Can you please give me a link to a product listing where you're encountering a parsing error?
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Luna Lunaria
Luna Lunaria

Post by Luna Lunaria »

VISIT LUNARIA EMPORIUM ON THE KITELY MARKET HERE: https://www.kitely.com/market?store=13957705
Luna Lunaria

Post by Luna Lunaria »

I think I figured out the issue. I gave my avatar the full perm items in boxes. I set the box out and changed the permissions for the boxed items then copied the group to my inventory to save time. This time I copied the boxed full perm items directly to my inventory then set them out individually and changed the permissions one at a time.
Last edited by Luna Lunaria on Mon May 10, 2021 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Luna Lunaria for the post (total 4):
Dot MatrixSelby EvansIlan TochnerAda Radius
Luna Lunaria

Post by Luna Lunaria »

Days of banging my head against the wall trying to understand the errors I'm still getting trying to create a new listing on the Kitely Market for an object I created on another grid. It turns out that if Hypergrid Avatar A creates a prim box, adds diffuse and materials textures, makes it full perm, then gives it to Kitely Avatar B, the prim will come over okay, and seem to look okay, until you try to create a listing. It tells you there are multiple errors preventing you from creating Prim Box on the Kitely Market. So I send a debug version to my Kitely Avatar and place it out. Lo and behold, 4 of the 6 faces on my debug version are red. Even though the object I got from Hypergrid Avatar A looks okay when I place it out, it is actually missing half the diffuse textures and ALL of the materials textures. Now fast-forward to a real venue that has a thousand prims and untold faces, most of which are red in the debug version. See the attachment.

So my question is: Why are all these textures missing? It's as if I imported a prim linkset (ocx file) - the result would be similar. I just want to be able to hand a build to my Kitely avatar and list it without having to retexture everything. My next step will be to send over another version of the venue and include a copy of every texture in the build and see if that works.

UPDATE: Sending the textures with the object did not help. I still got an error and had to replace textures. This is a showstopper for me.
Attachments
Debug Version_001.jpg
Debug Version_001.jpg (449.27 KiB) Viewed 4322 times
These users thanked the author Luna Lunaria for the post (total 2):
Selby EvansAda Radius
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Is it possible that you forgot to upload the materials to your avatar before applying them? That would result in you seeing a version of those materials from your viewer cache when you view the object inworld but without those cached materials actually being available to our system.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 3):
Selby EvansAda RadiusLuna Lunaria
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

I've been re-uploading all textures to the Kitely grid, dae files too if possible. Bringing stuff over from other grids sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Some files clearly were corrupted, I don't know if at the other grid or in transport, I suspect Other Grid.

This workflow works OK: bring your builds to Kitely and completely retexture with a texture you know is yours. I have a set of 4x4 textures I use for this, and I also set up my viewer so that new prims and dae files rez with my 4x4 blank automatically. The texture settings - planar vs default, scale, rotation, offsets - usually arrive OK. Bakes on Mesh breaks easily and generally has to be relinked.

Then retexture with textures uploaded to Kitely, with your Kitely account. One GOTCHA: any textures you have in Normal/Bump or Specular slots will need to be checked - there's a bug in the viewers such that they don't update consistently. In any grid. I've been selecting all, resetting them to default, then adding the new textures to those slots.

These are not Kitely issues, actually, they happen bringing anything from one grid to another. It's just that Kitely Marketplace is finicky about ownership of asset components. That's a good thing.
These users thanked the author Ada Radius for the post (total 3):
Luna LunariaSelby EvansIlan Tochner
Luna Lunaria

Post by Luna Lunaria »

Thanks Ilan and Ada. You confirmed my next-to-worst case scenario: retexturing everything I bring into Kitely. The worst case would have been having to remake everything from scratch. For smaller items this is not a big deal, but I'll have to rethink listing the large venues since retexturing those is a huge amount of work for builds I have already invested a ton of time in.
These users thanked the author Luna Lunaria for the post:
Selby Evans
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Does the other grid allow OARs to be saved? That might be an alternative route for bringing objects into Kitely.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 3):
Selby EvansIlan TochnerLuna Lunaria
Luna Lunaria

Post by Luna Lunaria »

Yes, OARs and IARs both perfectly preserve the original content exactly as it was made with all components and materials intact. I have both an OAR and an IAR from that region. I would love to do an IAR download to my Kitely avatar, but I don't think Kitely does those.